look like effigys to me!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look like effigys to me!!!!

The bottom big piece might be lithic material they intended to use, but does not look like they did anything to it, the rest look like geofacts-Bill

Comment

the bottom pic is chert and to me i see a face looking to the left and it is the only spot on the rock that is flat but thats me -kyle- just strange thay all are from the same area!

Comment

These are all rocks. Imagination is a good thing but a little to much and things get carried away.

Comment

thanks for the info jack

Comment

They look like good ol' "indian love stones" to me.  I think if they were effigies, they would be more worked.  They knew how to work stone very well, and anything that isn't obviously worked is probably natural.  I don't see any symmetry, which would also be an indicator of an effigy.

Comment

Wow - those are really unusual.  I can't say as to them being artifacts but I'd keep them just because they're so neat.  Kyle - these guys call em like they see em.  I've had a few rocks to
              Ok Bill - What's a GEOFACT - is that another word for ROCK???!!!  ---Chuck
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Chuck, a geofact is a rock that looks like it "could" be an artifact but is just shaped by nature. Got a flower garden full of them!

Comment

Agree jakob you got a bunch of nice -and- interesting rocks but not artifacts. Have looked at your profile, got some sweet points, Good hunting Joe!

Comment

COOL Tattoo!!! Always wanted to get one but never knew what? This coming x-mas told the wife I wanted one of.........a Turkeytail of course! Love one like that but it would cost too much.

Comment

I have been tattooing for about a year now, I could ink that Turkeytail for you!  I could at least draw it, then I'm sure any decent tattoo artist would be happy to do it.  Check out my photo section, you'll see the two artifact tattoos I've done on myself (the arrow coming through my heart was a tough one because of the angle I had to ink it).

Comment

You are a true artist Tyson! Love your relic room in pictures. May take ya up on drawing because your illustrations are better than I see in any artifact book! Mark.

Comment

Thanks Mark, I appreciate the compliment.  I am hoping to break into the illustration market and become the best!  That is my goal anyway.  Let me know if you want that Turkeytail drawn, I would do it for cheap.  I have been building my artifact room since I bought the house back in September, I still have so much to do!

Comment

"You hear what u wanna hear..and see what you wanna see... ya dig?"
                              I think what u have are just rock there doesnt seem to be any tool marks. But if you see it, and you are finding artifacts in that area then maybe ancient people saw it too who knows? its the thrill of the hunt that really matters, right fellas...
                            Travis

Comment

yep all of them are rocks!

Comment

Working...
                              X