hawk or eagle effigy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawk or eagle effigy ?

I spent some time today going over pieces of flint and flakes that I have picked up in my travels . Maybe I am really stretching the limits to my imagination but this piece looks to be either a hawks head or maybe an eagles head. There is a well defined crest and also an eye I put toothpicks to show.
    Also there is a hooked bill , I have been bird watching for a long time and I would have to say these proportions are fairly good. I put my thumb in the nock ( notch) and my pointer finger on the top of this piece. It fits like a glove seems to be a perfect tool. Lets say this is a effigy and some sort of tool , What would this be used for . I would like some opinions on this little piece postive or negative thanks all here are some photos.

I see what you are looking at but when you back up and look at it..you really can't really see it. I think that might be a  hopeful wish. but nice colors on it
    I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

That is not an effigy. It looks like it could be a reduction flake. Any resemblance to a zoomorphic figure is coincidental.
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Well I have to say maybe the Jack Daniels got the best of me lol

Comment

Working...
        X