Little scraper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little scraper?

Could this interesting little piece be a scraper or something of that sort? It is very thin and sharp on the one jagged side. It also appears to have some sort of coating(?) that looks like it is peeling up on one side, but is very hard... Can't be peeled off.

I'm sorry but I think it's just a rock. Wrong material and don't see any working by human hands unfortunately. Look for small flakes like these and then you'll be on the right track! Good luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-04-11 [replaced].jpg
Views:	41
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	220686

Flint flakes

Comment

Thank you, JR!
      How about these small pieces. I thought one or two looked like pottery shards. Yes or No?
      Appreciate your help!

Comment

The first pic looks like a rock to me...the second I see flakes but no pottery...hopes this helps.
        I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

No pottery I'm afraid, not sure those are flakes either,look gravely to me,what are they made of? See how my flakes have very sharp edges,like they could cut you if handled wrong. Glass like.

Name:	image_2013-04-11-2 [replaced].jpg
Views:	39
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	220687

Name:	image_2013-04-11-3 [replaced].jpg
Views:	41
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	220688

Comment

Most scrapers will show obvious secondary edge work, and most will have a steep obvious bevel! I think it's a rock sorry!

Comment

Yes what I was gonna say Butch is right, scrapers have a beveled edge. Thats why they are called scrapers used to scrape fat off hides. 
              Joe.

Comment

Working...
              X