Any ideas - possibly wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas - possibly wood?

Hi TS mom what do you think it may be ? It looks totally natural ro me !

Comment

Hi Butch! I know they look very "natural" in photos, but quite different in person. I have many like this that appear wrapped like " shrink wrapped" in hide or something like that. I realize that you all think I'm quite crazy, but it is quite frustrating because seeing them in person, they are quite unique looking...very unlike natural stone as well as very unlike typical artifacts.
      Thanks for your input, though!

Comment

Ts mom I don't understand the "shrink wrap " that you are describing. Hide wrapped anything would not survive long in the open elements or buried in the soil . Do you think it a tool , or is it an example of material ?

Comment

How heavy are they? Is it possible they are chunks of rock that have a thick weathering rind? Weathered rhyolite for example can take on that appearance with a very porous exterior that's much less dense that the unweathered interior. Have you tried breaking a piece to see what it looks like on the inside?
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I'm just gonna throw this out there...possibly fire cracked rock?
            Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here. But hide wrapped or shrink wrapped, nope.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I think they are....... Just rocks! Sorry, they may look cool,but just rocks

Comment

Working...
              X