No announcement yet.

artifact or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, good idea, at $25 dollars a rock i could have someone else look at all those rocks !

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Thanks, good idea, at $25 dollars a rock i could have someone else look at all those rocks !
      You could charge a little less because you wouldn't be actually, physically inspecting the rock.Then upon photo authentication you could email them there certificate.

Comment

[QUOTE]Bolen Bevel 1 wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Wilson post=98049
        Bolen bevel, it is a rock ! Without any information about it being found in context with any other artifact, no visible signs of polish or use, unless there is some solid evidence of it being used as a tool . It is what it is ! A rock with a flat spot ! We see countless rocks posted that "fit your hand", "shaped like", "could be", "aught to be " without evidence they are rocks !
        You should start a photo authentication service!!!
          Well, we all know authenticating artifacts via photo is extremely problematic. However, generally speaking, separating rocks from artifacts is not as problematic, and such items usually can be eliminated as artifacts from photos. This member was banned for things he said to members that involved profanities and vulgar characterizations. Those comments were removed, but he was banned for good reason, not for simply posting rocks. When he posted so many non artifacts, photo authentification does tend to swing in the direction of quick dismissal.
        I understand what you are saying regarding this particular rock, but I don't see any usage or real evidence that it was pecked and then ground into that shape as you seem to suggest is possible.
        Rhode Island

Comment

[QUOTE]Bolen Bevel 1 wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Wilson post=98052
          You could charge a little less because you wouldn't be actually, physically inspecting the rock.Then upon photo authentication you could email them there certificate.
            I would love that gig, and for $10 a piece, I will authenticate as real every photographed item sent for my evaluation. A max of 10-20 per day, I'm retired and don't want a full time gig. As long as I don't have to include a guarantee of authenticity, I'm in!!
          Also, benefit of the doubt itself becomes problematic when the poster has suggested that members of the site take their opinions and shove them where the sun don't shine.
          Rhode Island

Comment

I get feeling this guy has been pulling the wool over the forum's eyes, that he knows full well what he was posting.  Maybe a former forum member with a little bitterness or just someone who enjoys stirring things up.  Banning seems appropriate.

Comment

[QUOTE]CMD wrote:

[quote=Bolen Bevel 1 post=98053]
              I would love that gig, and for $10 a piece, I will authenticate as real every photographed item sent for my evaluation. A max of 10-20 per day, I'm retired and don't want a full time gig. As long as I don't have to include a guarantee of authenticity, I'm in!!

Why go with Charlie when you can have the real deal from Painshill? I'm currently issuing these for just ten of your Earth Dollars and I don't even need to see the item (I'll take your word for it):

No limit on number of submissions. Cash only please. Used notes in the hollow tree. You know the drill.
              :laugh: :rolf:
              I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

:rolf:

Comment

Rog I am excited about your new enterprise. There is only one problem,
                  and I quote; “I'm currently issuing these for just ten of your Earth Dollars.”
                  Well Rog I am from Alpha Satori and don’t have any Earth Dollars. I would be
                  willing to send you a pile of these dense yellow cobbles in lieu of Earth
                  Dollars (On our next UFO visit)

Michigan Yooper
                  If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Ron Kelley wrote:

...I would be willing to send you a pile of these dense yellow cobbles in lieu of Earth Dollars (On our next UFO visit)
                      Ha.... not gonna be fooled by that Ron. I remember the ruckus last time I tried to cash them in:

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Painshill time to break out the "how to identify an artifact" again, this time it needs to be a sticky !
                      To bad they kept your rocks as evidence, guess you wont need a coa !

Comment

"Why go with Charlie......? Ahh, if only the little lady had headed such advice years ago
                        Rhode Island

Comment

[QUOTE]painshill wrote:

[quote=CMD post=98067][quote=Bolen Bevel 1 post=98053]
                          Why go with Charlie when you can have the real deal from Painshill? I'm currently issuing these for just ten of your Earth Dollars and I don't even need to see the item (I'll take your word for it):

No limit on number of submissions. Cash only please. Used notes in the hollow tree. You know the drill.
                              :laugh:  :rolf:
                          The props are really cute.........Thanks!!!

Comment

If any new collectors want to have anything papered my daughter has entered the paper game. 

Comment

[QUOTE]painshill wrote:

Originally posted by Ron Kelley post=98077
                              ...I would be willing to send you a pile of these dense yellow cobbles in lieu of Earth Dollars (On our next UFO visit)
                                Ha.... not gonna be fooled by that Ron. I remember the ruckus last time I tried to cash them in:

:blush:
                              :rolf:
                              As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                              NW Arkansas

Comment

:rolf: im still laughing about that cash for gold thing, please tell me thats real! :rolf:
                                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
                                X