Small Celt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Celt

It's not the prettiest one, roughly made, the back is broke, but that bit end is unmistakable. I'll take it! I found this as soon as I walked onto my site. I hadn't even started looking yet. I was making my way down to the creek area where there is more exposed ground. This was amazingly found sitting in the middle of the game trail, half exposed. I saw the bit end sticking up out of the dirt. Flicked it with my finger and it just popped out. I guarantee at least two dozen people stepped on or right by this thing over the past couple days. If I don't get to my site right after it rains, I find nothing but footprints and turned over chert. It hasn't rained that hard for two days so I'm sure it was in that position for a little while. I still cant believe it was just laying there on the path.
    Central Ohio

Found in Central Ohio.
    Central Ohio

Comment

Right on! Score! Good find man!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

A lot of people aren't looking for the hardstone so they miss it. Great find and way to keep your eyes open. Finally getting a break from the heat so the hunt will be on.
        Good luck out there, fldwlkr
        Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Nice little Celt, those are few and far between in my area only found one hardstone one in all my years of hunting
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Yes sir, you got yourself a fine celt!
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

The damage looks minimal. Very nice find.
              Rhode Island

Comment

That's nice congrats man
                SW Connecticut

Comment

That’s worthy of a little jig, when you find one of them!
                  South Dakota

Comment

That’s a wonderful find and like Johnny I have never found one . I have jars of tools people leave behind . They are just looking for points . Never leave anything
                    congrats ...

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments and likes. Was thinking about it all day at work. Ha ha. I know it sound kind of crazy, but i'm almost as excited that there are still some really good finds left on this site and that maybe it's not getting picked over as badly as I thought. I guess I need to look a little harder when I get out and don't find anything.
                      Central Ohio

Comment

Working...
                      X