KILLER blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KILLER blade

Found this today...came out from under the stump. Some of that exquisite moss agate. Super sharp. Glows! Small ding on base. Middle of Montana.
    Judith Basin, Montana

That's sweet!
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Gorgeous lithic/tool! Wow! You've got a stump that keeps on giving!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

That's awesome nice find
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Ok lithic over the top but look at that edge work .
          I could look at that with a manifying glass for hours .

Comment

Originally posted by Tam View Post
            Ok lithic over the top but look at that edge work .
            I could look at that with a manifying glass for hours .
            The edgework is something special.. it is scary sharp. I have two other pieces, both scrapers, made from this stone. I think its the prettiest stuff i find, almost gemmy. Hope to find a good point made from it.

Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

That site if yours...man, never seen anything like it. The number of high quality pieces coming out of the ground there is stunning. I think you would find more stuff in one square foot at your place than I will find in a lifetime looking at my sites.
              Last edited by flintguy; 08-06-2018, 08:01 AM.
              Central Ohio

Comment

That is a beautiful knife. Congratulations
                South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by flintguy View Post
                  That site if yours...man, never seen anything like it. The number of high quality pieces coming out of the ground there is stunning. I think you would find more stuff in one square foot at your place than I will find in a lifetime looking at my sites.
                  Thank you. I am very aware of how lucky i am to be able do this here. SPOILED....

sometimes, i hesitate to post finds, there are a lot of forum members that are really struggling to make a find. Feels like I'm bragging... my kids dont realize how lucky they are, and i've helped to create arrowhead snobs out of them. They barely get excited about finds anymore unless it about G7 or better or paleo.... my son, who is 7, has his expectations set on a complete obsidian spear point. In his mind its going to be in the next hole... doesnt matter that he gets to find an arrowhead every day, its not a obsidian spear.. i created this mindset without trying, and shame on me....

I've taken it even further... i asked our resident grand master knapper Ron Kelley to make him the spear point he so desperately wants. He is getting it as a gift... he is also going to get a heart-to-heart about appreciating what he has...

really got on a tangent here... sorry.
                  Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• flintguy
                    flintguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't feel bad at all. I get not wanting to seem like you are bragging, but you have to share a blade like that. Some of us crave seeing new interesting finds on this site. Plus being able to have the family involved with a great attitude towards collecting is fantastic.

• Tam
                    Tam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Chad I think it’s awesome . And you can brag all you want because everyone can’t wait to see your artifacts .,you know what they are and appreciate them as well as passing the knowledge down .

Hey Chad, That is simply outstanding. I love beautiful lithics and that is a good as it gets. I have a few dendritic agate end scrapers but nothing that big.
                  Michigan Yooper
                  If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Its is a chert with Dentritic moss most likely sea fauna it is a pure form of silicate. but WOW such a sweet knife. Wish I was closer to the dirt walker I would push him out of the way for an obsidian blade.
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Cskelton
                      Cskelton commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He was ready to push me down when he saw what it was. He was talking about your visit and digging with you yesterday.

That is awesome! I bet your heart skipped a few beats!
                    South Carolina

Comment

I know what I’m voting for as find of the month. I don’t even need to see any more.
                      thats an outstanding find.

i get what you are saying about your kids, and unless they are total sociopaths, they will come to understand how lucky they are on their own. I was raised in a similar situation. Giant hard rock artifacts and points and pottery galore, and I thought it was what everyone found, everywhere. I eventually learned better.

Good on you for raising them babies right, Chad. The world needs more men like you.
                      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Cskelton
                        Cskelton commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you.. i really appreciate the kind words..

Chad, I do understand your reluctance to post your finds. You do have an embarrassment of riches in your hip pocket, however this forum would be so much poorer without your posts.
                      Bravo on the stunning blade and thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing.
                      Bruce
                      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Jethro355
                        Jethro355 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well said, Bruce. I agree 100%

• Tam
                        Tam commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I second the motion with Jethro

Originally posted by 2ndoldman View Post
                      Chad, I do understand your reluctance to post your finds. You do have an embarrassment of riches in your hip pocket, however this forum would be so much poorer without your posts.
                      Bravo on the stunning blade and thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing.
                      No. Thank you, Bruce. I think i may have to throw it in the ring for the August contest.
                      Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                        2ndoldman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You just might get a win if you do my friend. 👍👍👍

• Tam
                        Tam commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agreed
                    Working...
                    X