Liams' find 8/16/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liams' find 8/16/18

My son likes to play with his trucks in the dirt wherever we dig. He makes roads with the tractors and bulldozers then drives them with his pickups and horsetrailers. Making motor sounds the entire time. He has found an unbelievable number of artifacts doing this. About an hour ago, i was hearing the motor noises when they suddenly turned into screaming... he bulldozed this out....uniface knife, red lithic, super flaking, nearly 3 in. middle of Montana.
    Judith Basin, Montana

That's Awesome!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hey Liam, Way to go. Keep that dozer busy pushing dirt. That's an awesome knife in a beautiful lithic material.

Sixty some odd years ago I had a big sand area with lots of trucks, tractors, cars, and many roads. This story brings back some fun memories.
      Last edited by Ron Kelley; 08-16-2018, 09:13 PM.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Looks like that blade has a Spoke Shave nice find .

Comment

Wow! That’s beautiful! Maybe you should go play trucks with him too!
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• -=METACOM=-
            -=METACOM=- commented
            Editing a comment
            Play trucks, pull all the trees up, and start farming corn.

Need a sitter ? I’ll sit there in the mud and play with the trucks .
          On a serious note those are some great tools. You really take great pics to see that beautiful secondary flaking .
          what are those lithics ? In Georgia we have the red jasper. Those are beautiful .

Comment

• Cskelton
            Cskelton commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe its jasper but im really not sure. They sure liked it.

A very beautiful find Liam. We all know that construction sites are great places to find super artifacts, Huh Liam. That's an awesome lithic to.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

That proves what I said to Kentucky Point, there are younger members making fantastic finds.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

An outstanding find by an up an coming artifact hunter/finder...those young eyes are already on it...excellent find and really cool lithic as well...
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

That's an awesome piece, reminds me of jasper, don't know if you guys have that where you are.

Comment

Working...
                X