A few firsts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few firsts

with the recent thunderstorms we have experienced here in southern New England I finally had the chance to get out and enjoy walking some of my field spots, which have been dustbowls all summer... I realize that this hobby will have cycles of give and take, and so far this summer has been slow as far as the hunting goes. But I’ve still managed to do ok for myself!

Recently i I found my first ever mostly complete quartzite point, a wading river. There is a tiny bit of tip damage, but it doesn’t bother me any. I had found other broken quartzite points before, but none as complete as this one.

on another trip I managed to find a beauty, a little Brewerton made of our regional Marblehead rhyolite, a point that I was very happy to find, and it was sure a sight for sore eyes.

Other than these select few finds its been an otherwise dry summer, I’m looking forward to the cooler weather, the crops being harvested and the geese flying in formation overhead, although I won’t see them, because I’ll be looking down.

thanks for looking!
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Very nice indeed . I was watching those storms roll in last week in your area . Great finds

Comment

Congratulations on the firsts Pointhead awesome quartzite!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congrats on the finds pointhead nice... That rhyolite one almost looks Susquehanna to me
        SW Connecticut

Comment

• Pointhead
          Pointhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Could potentially be a Susquehanna which was my original thought. I could be either I would say

Both nice but that first one is gorgeous, congrats.

Comment

• Pointhead
          Pointhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Up until that time I’d never found a black felsite point! I was pretty thrilled with that one. The way it was sitting in the dirt had me going too.

• -=METACOM=-
          -=METACOM=- commented
          Editing a comment
          I know the feeling. That's one of those points that will always catch your eye when you go through your collection.

Also, I know I keep doing this to you and it's probably annoying but I think that's a better fit for Susquehanna. Just my novice opinion.

Comment

• Pointhead
          Pointhead commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought so too, I think that’s what I’ll call it.

Great points, congrats! The Susquehanna is especially sweet.
        Matt, from Massachusetts

Comment

• Pointhead
          Pointhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Matt! Was a happy day when I walked up on that.
      Working...
      X