• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quartz Neville

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	322153 A few weeks ago I was hunting an area that has given up few finds, but whenever I do find something it tends to be killer.

I have have always been obbsessed with Neville points, and really I don’t quite have a reason why. My hunting partner and friend was quoted as saying “you may even be biasing yourself to look for that shape without even thinking about it” and after a few minutes of self reflection I’ve realized he’s probably right.

This is has been a good beginning to fall for my collection, and it has started off with a point I think is pretty rare.

a fully serrated quartz Neville. After thumbing through budreaus book, the only quartz Neville I saw listed in the pages was under Neville variants.. so either it was so common it wasn’t even thought of to put in the book, or it’s relativey rare and there were no Neville’s made of quartz available to photograph at the time. Either way, it’s a point that I constantly come back to as I’m looking through my finds, and I truly appreciate if for it’s beauty. Just wanted to share it with y’all. Thanks for looking!
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Outstanding quartz point! Great job! Now you can put it in your place of honor in your display case.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

An honor to hold in person, truly an awesome blade! What a find!!!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Pointhead
        Pointhead commented
        Editing a comment
        It is an honor for me to hold it in person! Whoever made this spent some serious effort and crafted one heck of a blade.. it’s amazing to me that the people who made these didn’t just view points as tools, but as a means of expressing themselves.

So much of the stuff we find is beautiful in its own way, it was practical, and distinctly unbelievable.

That is an awesome quartz Neville point
      SW Connecticut

Comment

I am jealous that is a sweet find.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Beautiful find Pointhead love the serrations!
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Hey Ben, That is a really well made point. Love it.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Very nice Ben!
              South Dakota

Comment

that is a really nice one!
                Southern Connecticut

Comment

Hey Ben , have not had my phone for a few days . One of the best quartz points I have ever seen on this site . It’s beautiful and that would be a center piece .

Comment

Congratulations! Nevilles are my favorite, and to find a true serrated Neville is one in a million. Very few serrated points of any type are found in NE.

Comment

Working...
                    X