Dirtwalker's PALEO gold !!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirtwalker's PALEO gold !!!!!!!!!

I talked to one of my neighbors who farmed a field next to us. The field hasnt been farmed in my lifetime.. i asked if i could walk it with the wife and kids.

We werent there long when Liam, (dirtwalker on the forum) started screaming and jumping up and down. Dad i found a clovis spear!!!!! He ran around like a chicken with his head cut off.. showed his sisters first and then me.

when i saw it i realized he wasnt far off with his assessment. The flaking is UNBELIEVABLE... paper thin. the side with damaged is ancient and was reworked. The base is right, but no fluting. Couple reduction flakes that look like flutes. Ground base up about the first inch. I believe that its either a goshen or angostura.

Eight years old and scores a complete paleo point..i am tickled pink....middle of montana.

Judith Basin, Montana

Congrats Dirtwalker .that's an unreal find...beautiful
    SW Connecticut

Comment

That’s some beautiful flaking and material! Awesome Find!
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Good eye what a nice find .

Comment

Chad, that thing is beautiful. Careful Liam, or you’ll be spoiled😮

that’s just too cool. I’m 50 and never have I found a paleo point.
          i know you are some kind of proud.👍👍
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Cskelton
            Cskelton commented
            Editing a comment
            Proud and i I might be more excited that him... arthritis says no jumpin up and down though.....

Awesome!
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Beautiful point, congrats

Comment

Love it.

I would be making a scene if I found that beauty too.
              California

Comment

Way to go Liam!
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

WOW She's very old and still beautiful.
                  Michigan Yooper
                  If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congratulations young man! That's a beauty!
                    South Carolina

Comment

Congratulations on the find of a lifetime! That is some killer agate, and the flaking superb. You taught him well! Maybe too well...

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Cskelton
                        Cskelton commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He has an eye for this stuff. Crazy what he has pulled in his short time. I contribute it to being so close to the ground...

• Ron Kelley
                        Ron Kelley commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL Chad, I wonder if a mechanic's creeper would work.

Outstanding ! Montana find ? It’s really, really old. The point has many attributes , I see some outré passé flaking. I’m thinking older than fore mentioned types .... JJ
                      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Originally posted by Lindenmeier-Man View Post
                        Outstanding ! Montana find ? It’s really, really old. The point has many attributes , I see some outré passé flaking. I’m thinking older than fore mentioned types .... JJ
                        I agree on the flaking O.P. flaking is really clear on one side. The other side has really fine flaking you would see on angostura or eden points. The base isnt right for eden. It has the right base to be clovis, but the lack of defined flutes make that call impossible. Goshen are old, with similar bases and micro flaking....yes it was found in Montana. What are your thoughts on typing? He is chomping at the bit, wanting a definitive answer as to type... i told him that without obvious fluting its going to be a tough call.
                        Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                          Lindenmeier-Man commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’m not sure that we can put a definitive type on the point.. I’m thinking it most appears to be a close relative of a Folsom point, of which there is only one closely related type, time frame wise...I know that’s far and away north of norm.. But what is the true norm ?I’m not sure of the lithic material, if it were Edwards honey, I’d nail the type. I know you are, I’m proud of and for your son !

Beautiful find maybe there is another close by
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Cskelton
                          Cskelton commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We are gonna check the field tomorrow.. its pretty big to cover in one visit. About 120 acres.

• SurfaceHunter
                          SurfaceHunter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Fields I look on is 200 acres but are split up. Have to take a cooler most of the time cause it’s so hot, hope you find another
                      Working...
                      X