A Killer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Killer!!!

Wasnt even expecting to see this sticking out of the bank as I walked up out of the water! Im still stoked! Any opinions as to what it is? I have my guess already, probably wrong...but would like to hear your opinion. Basal and 1/3 up sides ground pretty good. Keep up the hunt-Kenny

Don't know the type, but I know beautiful when I see it :woohoo:
    Rhode Island

Comment

That is a killer find, looks like it has oblique flaking. Joe kick my butt today with 2 good ones to my thumb scraper.

Comment

Thanks! Yea...not too bad of a day! Gotta watch Joe! He will find em all if you dont.-Kenny

Comment

Wow that isw a killer artifact in workmanship and material. Great find.
          Jack

Comment

Thats about as good as it gets Kenny!!!! :woohoo:  Plainview????

Comment

Looks like one helluva nice Frederick point Kenny, can I have it?  Schwing!

Comment

Man Kenny that a sweet one, won't even try to type till I see it. A VERY NICE FIND. You pulled it out of the bank :woohoo: this one could be very old. All that bank is high I think, that one came from the deep. Great find buddy Bring it with saturday!!! Had couple good finds today walking with Dan. Not that good will post later. Good hunting!!
                Joe.

Comment

Matt, Whats the age of a Frederick? Looks transitional.

Comment

turkeytail wrote:

Matt, Whats the age of a Frederick? Looks transitional.
                      Frederick are an early archaic "high plains" point from Cultural period V (8,100-8,500 B.P.).  They are thought to descend from the Allen and Angostura lines.  They are very similar to the Allen but have a straighter base -and- corners aren't as rounded.  They are generally widest at the base, or damn near it.  They get confused with Allen, Plainview, Levi, Angostura, etc.

Comment

Good God that thing is beautiful!....congrats on a killer find!
                      Southern Connecticut

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Thanks, guys! I was leaning towards Plainview but not sure if flaking is right for that type. Im sure glad its in my case and not someone else's! Joe, Ima gona bring Saturday. Im looking forward to the Seward Show! Keep up the hunt. -Kenny

Comment

Man good thing you didn't miss that one. Tis a killer no doubt. Congrats.

Comment

Super point, thanks for sharing.
                              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                              X