Chips from after a rain .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chips from after a rain .

I love some of the chips I find . After a rain on the hunting lease we have in Georgia it's like sea shells ! lol in my field of sand in S Georgia. It's a camp site.
    Tam

Chips ahoy!
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I would bet some of those would have a little edge work. I wouldn't find that many flakes without finding some with a worked edge. Just little flake Tools.
      South Dakota

Comment

Oh for sure Gary ..see the red one I am holding its a snapped base. I wish I could say the one on the upper left is a half of a crescent . It's unifaced so smooth on the bottom and worked around the edges . Once in awhile when I go through the pile I find a base or tip . Give them to my friend kids that
        are the next generation of dirt kickers ...
        Tam

Comment

Oh yea. I think I only looked at the first picture.
          South Dakota

Comment

Yeah there looks to have been work done on some of those pieces for sure. With that mix of lithic color you could make some cool decorations...
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I had always thought about taking my pottery shards, and gluing them to an existent pot or mug, and see what it looks like. I'm sure I could piece them together pretty close.
              South Dakota

Comment

Hey Tam - great pics. Any idea what that red material is?? Sure is purdy.
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Scropion , that is my absolute favorite , way back when I first joined I posted a red Kirk point
                  and Hoss helped and said it was an Elora . I bought a stone and mineral book and it looks to be
                  Jasper. I always pick those flakes up .

Comment

Gary, I am actually thinking of doing that to a small outdoor table with shards that don't have to much history , meaning amazing stamps .
                    There are so many I might do that .
                    T

Comment

I love the chips also. Usually have a bucket full! I also take a bucket and fill it with dirt. Because im never ready to leave. But if i have company with me, they are. Lol. So i take a bucket home to look through.

Comment

Comment

Marlasam , welcome to the forum . I have been enjoying your post . Gosh what kind of camera do you have to take such great pics . Bruce had to fix mine .
                          actually I go through my chips for fun and have found small points sometimes ,,,and I found a cool one with a fossil last week that had just been sitting in my
                          vase .
                          AND FOR MY BEST CHIP STORY .. go to I can't remember if it's what did I find or show and tell but I saw a pea size chip .. oh man started well read the story and check out what I found .
                          Tam

Comment

• marlasan
                            marlasan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Galaxy s6

Very nice

Comment

I brought this back for Kentucky ( Ethan ) , he likes those Georgia lithics and wanted to show him ...I actually have a goal to fill a lamp . Almost there .

Comment

• Kentucky point
                              Kentucky point commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I am not seeing anything.
                          Working...
                          X