Bolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolen

Me and John went to swamp to hunt points and we found a nice Bolen and a quartz point. it was pretty warm around 90deg. and we would cool off in the creek often, nice day with John though.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Now that is a day !!! Great memories and a few points ... don't get no better than that
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

Nice side notch. This humidity is making everything miserable in WV. I can't imagine what it feels like there. Stay hydrated and best of luck
      Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Hi willjo. Thats's a dandy Bolen. Supposedly they are not found in my old north Alabama hunting grounds so I guess I never saw one. I was wondering if the Big Sandy type was found in your area in addition to the Bolen then how would one distinguish between the two I think they are both early Archaic types. The Big Sandy can be either beveled or not and the bases exhibit a variety of shapes and one can be a straight base as yours looks like. Congrats on the nice find.

Comment

• willjo
          willjo commented
          Editing a comment
          I probabley should have called it a side notched point and left it at that, because we have Palmers, Big Sandys, Taylors and could be some more similar in our area and they are calling the Big Sandy a Taylor side notched point in our area. We also have the Bolen Plain which is a Bolen that is not Beveled. I am not sure about an answer to your question but sometimes it is confusing looking at the guides to me.

Nice points and sounds like you and John had some fun looking.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That is a dandy of a Bolen
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Double good day. That is a nice example.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Awesome Bolen congratulations!
              N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Hey Johnny, Those are great finds.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Heat and humidity aint bad when your finding em...nice finds!!!
                  The chase is better than the catch...
                  I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Congrats on the points Johnny.
                    90 degrees If I had been there your water pic of me would have shown me lying flat out in the water.
                    Bruce
                    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Awesome finds. Love the first one a lot.
                      South Dakota

Comment

Wow I love that first one ( the bolen ) it's really killer .
                        I am with Bruce lay in the water . Ok see that's what I was asking about is those sandy creeks ! That's what I have on the Georgia property . You gave me an idea now with that scooper . I am that gal the posts the field finds . Don't you know I wish I was there after all this rain .
                        looks like a fun fun day .
                        Tam

Comment

Working...
                        X