Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm still learning the do's and don't of posting here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still learning the do's and don't of posting here...

so please excuse my ignorance. I am a quick learner in most instances..
    when it comes to finding points, I still have the urges I've had since childhood...the "quick, grab it before it runs away" instinct is strong in this one.
    I did manage to take two pics before picking up the points yesterday...
    (please excuse my unkempt toes, it's always nice to go barefoot)
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

That's quite a haul. Show us a cleaned up pic of the black point. It looks very nice. Cleaned up pic of your toes wouldn't be bad either. 🙄
    South Dakota

Comment

Both sides, no less. The bigger point is what I believe to be heat treated something-or other...you can see light through the edges of it. It is beautiful in the sun light.

Comment

nice finds,bad toes

the one in the first pic,bottom right heart breaker for sure.looks like an adena possibly

can you get e pic of the one on the left next to the quarter in natural lighting
        it looks like it may be heat treat novaculite

what area where they found in?

Comment

Good day for sure.
          Took me forever to finally start taking photos of finds in situ . Got a lot of teasing on this site about it too.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hey Jason, You sure had a great hunt.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Looks like a great haul. But toes are so hard for a size reference dirty or not.
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Nice finds there Jethro. That little black one is a beauty. And I can see there are no glass slippers by your doormat Fred Flintstone...nah seriously nice finds man
                The chase is better than the catch...
                I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Originally posted by sneakygroundbuzzard View Post
                  nice finds,bad toes

the one in the first pic,bottom right heart breaker for sure.looks like an adena possibly

can you get e pic of the one on the left next to the quarter in natural lighting

what area where they found in?
                  East Arkansas, 40~ miles south of Memphis.
                  i will get more pics for this afternoon...

Comment

My guess is that it is heat treated novaculite.novaculite comes from Arkansas

Comment

Thank you. I'm always interested in lithics, as pretty much everything here was bright from somewhere else, whether it be the ozarks or upstream. I walk the sandbars from time to time on the Mississippi and I see lots of river cobble washed up here and there. I guess that's where the wide variety comes from?

i found this Saturday in a pile of chips and at first thought it was some type of glass, but it's not. My daughter says it may be calcite(sp?) and I thought it was quartz...any guesses?

Comment

Do you always hunt barefoot? Nice finds man thanks for sharing the pictures.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by sneakygroundbuzzard View Post
                          nice finds,bad toes

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                            Do you always hunt barefoot? Nice finds man thanks for sharing the pictures.

Hey...I'm from Arkansas...what'd you expect???😲
                            Usually I wear flip flops unless it gets below about 40 or it's too muddy. Saturday it was just soupy. We had over 5 inches of rain Friday and the ground was almost liquid in places. The sand ridge stabilizes very fast, but everything downhill from there is muck. After getting them pulled off almost immeadiatly upon exiting the Jeep, I just tossed them in back and went without. It was a nice day for it.

Comment

i would definitely say thats heat treated novaculite
                              good material to work after its been heated
                              the ancients knew what they were doing,thats for sure

that other is most definitely a heart breaker,but still an awesome find

Comment

Working...
                              X