When you know its all there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you know its all there

A few years back I went on a went with my dad. We were hunting about ten feet apart when I came across this point. I said well here is a good one. I laid down my flipping stick knelt down and took my camera out. by this time my dad had made it over to me to see what I had found. With a puzzled look on his face he asked why I would take a pic of that. I took the pic's and said as I grabbed it up and handed it to him, because its whole.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0448.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	253987Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0450.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	253988Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0456.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	253989
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Cool point & I bet even cooler memories. Wish I had done the same with my dad. 😢
    Child of the tides

Comment

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
      Cool point & I bet even cooler memories. Wish I had done the same with my dad. 😢
      I hear that Havenhunter. We have been going out for fifty years. I remember a couple of years ago we went out on a hunt like always and we were back at the vehicles and looking at what each other had found. He turns to me and said son can you believe that its been fifty years since we started. Then he said, if these hills could talk, they would tell a story of two that put a few foot prints and many miles on them.

Comment

• Havenhunter
        Havenhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a great story, Chase. Cherish those memories.

That in hand shot is great Chase. What a great point on amazing toolstone.

Where did you find it? Is that Flint Ridge chert by chance?

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great story of you and Dad Chase. Really nice lithic there also. I still remember the first Dad and I went fishing...the exact spot about 44 years ago
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Well I like tabletop chert!!

Comment

Great story Chase. Too bad you don't have a picture of your Dads face when you pulled it out of the ground.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• chase
            chase commented
            Editing a comment
            Greg, it's always been the same over the years. He looks at it smiles hands it back and says you remember when we were in such and such place and the deerflys were so thick we had to use shotguns to blast holes through them to see the ground what a good day hunting that was.the arrowheads jumped up into your pocket that day. Boy those were the good ole days

Kodak Moment.
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hi Chase. A dandy little point you found that day. Are you able to give us an ID as to type and time period for that point. I'm woefully deficient in knowledge concerning points in your area.

Comment

Pelican Lake

Description:
              A small to medium size, thin, corner notched dart point with a straight to convex, expanding base. Barbs are usually pointed. Grinding may occur in notches and around base. Believed to have evolved into the Samantha Dart point.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1118.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	254139

Comment

• sailorjoe
                sailorjoe commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Chase. Many thanks for the feedback to my question. And thanks to you, I learned something new. Guess I could've tried to research it out myself but I figured you already new. And also thank you for providing additional examples.

Very nice point Chase, and an even better story.
              South Dakota

Comment

That's awesome Chase !!! Beautiful point and beautiful memories
                As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                X