My Best Find From Apple Hill So far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Best Find From Apple Hill So far

The new site I have been working is producing some killer bird points. But this one is my favorite so far :woohoo:

Nice finds!!

Comment

OooooEeeee! Thems purty ! That crystal point is great! Nice finds !
      Butch

Comment

Love that crystal one. Wow that is a nice find. You could read a news paper through it.
        Jack

Comment

That is a true Gem. Do they find a lot of Quartz crystal in California? I know we get some in CT but they are rare. Just wondering if the source is near by to you or traded in? Do you know the type on that one I like the shape with the narrow stem a real beauty! Your pics make me flashback to days when my Dad and I used to dig. Someday I hope to get back to it. Nothing like those earthy smells and the thrill of that tell tale sound of a Lithic material when it starts to go tink tink in the screen. Any of you diggers out there who have used a screen will know the sound it is very distinct!
          Thanks for sharing
          Your friend in flint
          Hoss B)
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hoss wrote:

That is a true Gem. Do they find a lot of Quartz crystal in California? I know we get some in CT but they are rare. Just wondering if the source is near by to you or traded in? Do you know the type on that one I like the shape with the narrow stem a real beauty! Your pics make me flashback to days when my Dad and I used to dig. Someday I hope to get back to it. Nothing like those earthy smells and the thrill of that tell tale sound of a Lithic material when it starts to go tink tink in the screen. Any of you diggers out there who have used a screen will know the sound it is very distinct!
            Thanks for sharing
            Your friend in flint
            Hoss B)
              Thanks The source is local loads of quartz and quartz crystal but crystal points are few and far between . I think around one in a hundred or more. Hard to type these California points Sierra Stemmed or Gunther ? Dennis in California

Comment

That's some nice ones. The crystal point is hard to beat.

Comment

All I can say is wow!  That's a killer find! :woohoo:

Comment

Man, I wish we had that stuff around here. That is a special find!
                  Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                  X