Nice Bifuricate Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Bifuricate Found

Found this in Stanley Co, NC today while fence building. Today was the second day working at that spot. Where ever there is broken ground, there is rhyolite. The land was very rocky and hard to even drive posts. I laid out two chunks of the same rhyolite material I found on the same embankment that I was scratching around on to find this point. Don't mind the hard work if it pays off like this!

Nice little lecroy Taterman congratulations
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Taterman421
      Taterman421 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I will go with a Lecroy type too.

• searchinghawk
      searchinghawk commented
      Editing a comment
      bifurcates rare here in maine but my sons mom and i found a bifurcated site on kennebec river some yrs ago,, quite a few of them and some kirks and couple palmers even,, many starks and neville points,, broken ulus,, full channel gouges and really ice plummets

That's been wore down to a nub, still cool though.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Taterman421
      Taterman421 commented
      Editing a comment
      Who ever owned this point got the best of it. Looks like it has some ancient tip damage too.

Hi Tm421. Yes indeed a nice old point you found. Those LeCroys are great to find no matter their condition. Good eye you got.

Comment

• Taterman421
      Taterman421 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Some jobs I have I end up covering some distances. For example, my activity tracker on my phone says I walked 6 miles today. This fencing job here is a smaller one.

Nice one Taterman!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Nice find there Taterman!

Von

Comment

• Taterman421
        Taterman421 commented
        Editing a comment
        This job is about 5 miles from Morrow Mtn State Park.

Nice point tater !! Congrats !!! They for sure got there use out of it :-)
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

Picked up this beat up but worked piece of rhyolite today at the same spot I found this Lecroy. Reminds me of a Morrow Mtn or Guilford.
        Last edited by Taterman421; 07-19-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I like those that have been worked down to almost nothing
          South Dakota

Comment

• Taterman421
            Taterman421 commented
            Editing a comment
            Most of the time, that's usually all I find. If I am on a good spot and persistent, there might be a longer blade or artifact made of better quality material for me to pick up.

Nice, you should ask the land owner about looking around more! I know Lecroy's are suppose to be common but I've never found one?

Von

Comment

I have a two more types I found that I would call Lecroy. The black flint one I found on my family land in Yadkin County. The one beside that is from Randolph, the same site that I have been calling the quarry tool site. The long Stanley above that is from there too. I would take them out and show better pictures but I have to threaded with invisible thread in that frame. I don't like using glue.

Comment

Working...
            X