Cool Monday 8 - 14 - 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Monday 8 - 14 - 2017

We had a nice cooldown weather wise so I gave Tilly's Hill a quick hunt. I found a mano and a hammer stone a couple of small bird points and a basalt dart. While scraping the hardpan I heard an ugly snap I just broke my day maker into 3 pieces time to call it a day I was getting careless and tired .
    Attached Files

Oh no! Argggggg!! I feel your pain! First estate sale I ever attended included the owner's collection of points being sold for $5 each for a max. of five points. Folks were snatching them up and I quickly picked five & headed to the checkout. As I set them down I dropped one on the granite countertop, breaking off the tip of an awesome Adena. You break it you buy it, so I did. Tried to glue it & it looks it. 😖
    Child of the tides

Comment

Man that site produces some killer artifacts !!!!
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

Where is Tilly Hill?
        Dont worry, I swear I won't raid your site...
        those are some amazing finds, these and your last batch...I hope the weather stays cool there and you can continue...
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post
          Where is Tilly Hill?
          those are some amazing finds, these and your last batch...I hope the weather stays cool there and you can continue...
          Thanks N. California.

Comment

south fork - those are some awesome points. Really like the color of that broken point.
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Another good day there but bummer on that piece.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Too bad about the break those are some nice finds though.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post
                  Where is Tilly Hill?
                  He's bean digging that sight for years lol
                  As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                  NW Arkansas

Comment

• Jethro355
                    Jethro355 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would be too, if I had a place like that I'd likely never leave!

Thanks for all the comment's I've been surface hunting that site off and on for 40 years or more. Every once in awhile a little construction happens a new driveway/road or house pad gets bladed and I pray for rain to uncover some artifacts.

Comment

Working...
                  X