A "little" big sandy/"big" big sandy kind of day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "little" big sandy/"big" big sandy kind of day

Well I found the little big sandy in the morning and then went to another creek in a different location and found the hog. Didn't realize they were the same type of point until I got home and compared the bases. Pretty happy that I just walked 10 hours and will always have these two to show for it.

First picture shows the resharpened find on top of the other. Click image for larger version  Name:	image2 (6).JPG Views:	1 Size:	83.4 KB ID:	261437
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image3 (6).JPG Views:	1 Size:	176.6 KB ID:	261438
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image1 (12).JPG Views:	1 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	261439
    Montani Semper Liberi

Killer !!! Hate that u had to walk so far ,,, it was dang hot here in NW Arkansas
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
      lukecreekwalker commented
      Editing a comment
      Scorching here too. I came home and had a splitting headache and after I ate, went straight to bed. That walk wore me out for sure

I'd walk through Hell on Sunday for a find like that...
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

10 hours is a long time to walk in the heat of the day but those beauties are worth it.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

You know these are one of my top 5 favorite points. It's the base in this piticular one I like .
        Really nice and they are not broken .
        yep I am with Jethro heat or no heat it's great to get out in any weather to look for points .
        very well done ...
        nice points

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
          Editing a comment
          I actually took my real estate agent with me. My wife and I are currently looking for a house and me and the agent got to talking about my hobby. He begged me to go and we went. He got learnt on how hard it was pretty quickly. He thought it was going to be easy lol. We only walked about 30% of what I usually do so that's why I went to the other creek. Really happy it worked out like that because if I was alone like I usually am I wouldn't have made it to the other one that day

Nice insitu! That large Big Sandy is a beauty, even if you had to walk ten miles to find it.
        Child of the tides

Comment

That big one is SWEET, Great Hunt!
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Wow, Those both are great finds, what a day.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Wow Luke awesome...I almost didn't notice the small one over the bigger one in the first pic...great finds man...
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Nice!!!

I wish I had the time to get out and walk like that.

Von

Comment

Congratulations well worth the walk!
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Worth every mile great day.

Comment

Just awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Those are some sweet side notches! That material reminds me of coal with that dull luster, but I like it! Thanks for sharing those, your building quite a collection!
                        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Josh. One weekend trip at a time. Hopefully by the next eclipse I'll have a grooved ax and Clovis. Wishful thinking lol.

Those are dandy Big Sandys for sure. The really great thing about it to me is that they illustrate so well that many of those early Archaic forms were used both as knifes and dsrts. Not only Big Saandys but Decaturs, Daltons, Kirk/Palmer, and others That you found those on the same day and made, it seems, from the same kind of lithic was really some good luck. Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                        X