Latest Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Finds

Haven't posted my latest finds in a while... I've been hunting a new location. I found everything (and a few others) in an area maybe 75' by 20'. It's quite a hot spot compared to my other location. So I did some research and this place was the site of a small creek meeting a river. That creek was moved quite a distance when they did some construction in the area, so there's no evidence of it there now... but I suspect that's why the spot is loaded (loaded to me at least.) The corner notched point (which I suspect is a Jack's Reef corner notch) is my first ever notched point and it was found at my usual spot. Stinks about the tan triangle point with the corner broken off... this point would have been a perfect "tall" isosceles triangle -- a variety I'd like to find. The large argillite point is rather bizarre... Yes, argillite wears to nothing, but this large point seems to be unifaced rather than simply discarded during manufacture. The back is a clean flake, complete with bulb, and zero-flaking... but then again, maybe it just wore away that way. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9528.JPG Views:	1 Size:	187.5 KB ID:	261573
    Last edited by filmiracl; 08-21-2017, 07:41 AM.

Nice assortment of point types filmiracl. It would appear that you have indeed found a "hot spot."
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Man, them look old as dinosaurs...
      👍
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

That is quite the variety of types for that one location.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Defiantly seen so water in there life span !! Nice points
          As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
          NW Arkansas

Comment

Love those water-worn points. You've found a sweet spot.
            Child of the tides

Comment

You have been busy. Pretty cool seeing the difference to a long versus short time in the water.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Good that you can define those water worn points that looks to be Lockatong Argillite. When fresh broke that stuff is sharp as can be but water and time just take its toll on that material. It degrades pretty bad over time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockatong_Formation
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congrats....any find is a good find!

Comment

Good find !

Comment

Very nice
                      South Dakota

Comment

Bet your back out there this weekend . The force is strong ..

Comment

Working...
                        X