Finds From the Last Several Months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finds From the Last Several Months.

It hasn't been a good summer for my collection. I put in quite a bit of effort but more often than not, conditions weren't right, and unfortunately I don't have much to show for the last several months. I'm going to show the the best or the most interesting of the most recent stuff. Most of these are broken, some of the pictures aren't that great and I'm missing in-situs or cleaned up pics on some of them. Ok let's get on with it.

These were from a new site that me and Shedhunter got permission for. We've only hunted it once but I managed to find these two. Anyone know what type this is? Mansion Inn Coburn variety? I have no idea...

Next few are from last spring in one of my favorite spots. This field was left fallow all summer.

Here are some finds from another favorite field left fallow all summer. These are mostly from the spring as well.

Two pieces here from the site I started my hobby at. I always love the points I find from there, even the heartbreakers, and I loved these too.

One point from a newer site I haven't hunted much yet. Seems to be a lot of red rhyolite there.

Another new site that me and Shedhunter had our eyes on for a while. When we got there the conditions were bad, but we found lots of flakes. On our way out I found this chunk of rhyolite with an edge on it. I was pretty happy to find it there. Always a good feeling to find a new site.

Found this one last winter in a reservoir that has been full ever since.

These last points are from two old reliable sites.

And a couple random mix pics.

Thanks for looking.

That is a sweet collection of finds for not having found much this year. Click image for larger version  Name:	5593c78270ad2794accdff5f11746b19_1000-images-about-happy-funny-happy-birthday-clip-art-free_436-500.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	267460The glasses are so that I don't blind myself constantly looking at the quartz beauty in the 4th picture.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Been a very good few months. The first little crystal point is a beauty.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Mark, you got some good ones there. The conditions this year have been pretty tough, but when you put your finds all together like you've done here, it really is quite impressive. Good show! Hopefully we can get a few more before the years up.
        Matt, from Massachusetts

Comment

Have to agree Matt - that's an impressive collection that anyone would be proud to have. I haven't found squat for the past few months. It's been sooo dry and now the leaves are falling so it looks like it may be a few more before I can find anything. Even my best site is unproductive. But - all in good time - Right. Love those insitus and you have quite a lot of different styles and lithics. Thanks for sharing them.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Man nothing wrong with this thread at all !! Thanks for the show and congrats !!!!
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

Nice stuff, Mark. Quite the variety!
              Rhode Island

Comment

Upon second look that 4th pic is a SMOKER !!!!
                As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                NW Arkansas

Comment

• -=METACOM=-
                  -=METACOM=- commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks man I liked that one too, has a bit of a needle tip to it.

Sitting here laughing & shaking my head because if you think you've hit a dry spell, I should be so lucky. Weather stinks & hurricanes cruising by offshore have scoured the beaches clean. Nice finds!
                Child of the tides

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

Most of these are from spring or earlier. I think only two or three were found during the summer. Not bad of course but at the moment I'm jonesing for a find.

Comment

Great finds! Like everyone else I think the vein quartz find is stunning!
                    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

What the heck ! You have some great finds . I’ll take the 4th pic . Seriously that is one of the coolest points I have seen !!
                      I am scared lol , what’s a good summer for you ?

Comment

You have been busy those are very very nice finds.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

A lot of nice variety there. Fun to see that
                          South Dakota

Comment

I agree with Greg....that first little quartz pointis fine!

Comment

Working...
                            X