No announcement yet.

The streak continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all, My reference book states that Lerma blades are from the south west: Texas, New Mexico, Mexico, and Arizona. Would you agree with that statement?

Edit: I realize that there is much disagreement as to the distribution of the Lerma Blades and there will probably be no consensus here.
    Last edited by Ron Kelley; 10-17-2017, 12:13 PM.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
      lukecreekwalker commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never came across a bi pointed anything until this. I've also never found anything remotely close to the quality of it. Thanks Ron and all for your opinions as to what it is I found. I will go out and try to find 50 more but I doubt it happens haha

• sailorjoe
      sailorjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Ron. Lerma points are known from North Alabama. They are shown in the Handbook of Alabama Archeology by Cambron and Hulse. I had two in my collection. If I remember correctly I posted pics of them in a thread I started not too long after I joined the forum. I can re-post them again if you would like. There are two Lerma varieties, one with a pointed base and one with a rounded base.

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I have heard that Joe. I am wondering why Overstreet disagrees. Fourteenth addition of Overstreet on page 982 for the Lerma blade: "LOCATION: From central Texas westward through New Mexico, NW Chihuahua Mexico and into eastern Arizona. Examples of Lerma points from further east are most likely Guilford Points."

Sure does have that early look to it for sure !!!!
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
    X