Overhang Dig 12-11-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhang Dig 12-11-10

These are some points that my cousin and I dug up on Saturday morning. It was really cold at first, but digging out artifacts seem to heat things up a bit. A very nice LecroyThis one is a Morrow Mountain straight base. In-situ and out of situ pics. This one is made of a pink coral material.This next one is a Dalton-Greenbriar. In-situ and out of situ pics. (My first "Archaileo" find in this overhang.) Thanks for looking you guys! Alot of back-breaking work for your viewing pleasure!!

Really nice finds Sizemore! The month of december is being good to you. Happy Holidays!

Comment

Way to go, great finds!
      The Morrow Mt straight base I think is an Overstreet made-up type used to describe a MALA- Middle Archaic-Late Archaic type that probably has its own distinctive type (like Marion etc). The definition of Morrow Mountain I and II is a contracted base, rounded or pointed. So the invention of the MM straight base type (from thin air?) by a type book is the same as their declaring that there is an unfluted fluted point- the "unfluted Clovis" which is just plain crazy since the very definition of Clovis is "fluted". 
      JMO, good coffee this am!

Comment

I like the way you think Cliff. So what would you call that point? By the way, do you think that the American Indian time periods are dated correctly? I guess I'm just old fashioned, but according to the Bible, the earth has only been around for roughly 6,000 years. 1681 years into the earth and man's exsistance there was a giant flood that killed everyone except 8 people. So you would have to allow time for those 8 to reproduce, and then allow time for thier descendants to travel across the Bering Strait and populate the entire western hemisphere. That would make Paleo artifacts at most about 4,000 years B.P. What do you think?

Comment

did you find these digging in kentucky?

Comment

Working...
          X