Pitted stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitted stones

Some say these are natural but I always find them in close proximity to my arrowheads. I just have a hard time believing that nature put those 3 holes that close to each other but to each their own. I’ll keep them and trust my gut that these are artifacts

Click image for larger version

Name:	731A864A-349B-4BAC-B199-D04D31B87E00.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	272802
    Montani Semper Liberi

Nutting stones ? Small one on the left at least .

Comment

Luke - I've founds sooo many of those like the three big ones under and near the falls or the overhangs in my area. They are where the water has dripped near constant in that area and wind up being nearly perfect circles. When I first found them I thought they were nutting stones but was shown just about every overhang, especially in limerock, you'll find these. I've found about every formation you can think of. I had one that had 5 holes almost aligned. Mother Nature strikes again. Having said that, Tam may be right about the smaller one.
      Last edited by Scorpion68; 11-21-2017, 10:21 PM.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hey Luke - Found this on a walkabout today down by the creek and thought you'd like to see it.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	WtrDrps.jpg Views:	2 Size:	155.4 KB ID:	272870

Not exactly the same but similar.
        Attached Files
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
          lukecreekwalker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for sharing Chuck. I have some with holes on both faces of the rock but your explanation does make a lot of sense. I appreciate the input

• Scorpion68
          Scorpion68 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd have to think long and hard about how they got on both sides of the same rock. That would have me leaning more toward manmade. I've never seen one of these with impressions on both sides.

Not all have then both sides but the ones I do look just like the ones that don’t in my area. I only keep the ones with double sided pits now because they are rarer and my wife is getting fed up with my stack of rocks lol
        Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Make a rock garden she will love it,

• lukecreekwalker
          lukecreekwalker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hoss I don’t know how it is in TN but in WV it’s almost impossible to find an affordable house with a yard and cell phone service. You are either way out in the sticks or in a sardine can with neighbors in your backyard. I’ve been searching for a home now for 6 months and we haven’t found one yet in 3 counties that’s affordable and has a yard without people living all around you...once I find it I’ll be sure to make a rock garden lol
      Working...
      X