Some broke from the pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some broke from the pond

Here are some of the broken that came out of the pond this past summer. All my finds. Kids put theirs in their frames. Several different forms represented. Most are archaic. Middle of montana.
    Judith Basin, Montana

Boy I love that pond . I really like that two tone broken base . That would have been a beauty .
    Have you ever looked up that area to see if it’s logged by an archeology group .
    Its a giver .

Comment

That is sure a nice assortment of materials that was used in your area. Nice points nice show, thanks.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

quit the array of different materials for one area

the clear one with the black speckles looks like moss agate

Comment

Agree with the variety of lithic there, Cs. I always find it interesting when someone posts finds in a given area but of man different lithics. Kinda makes ya wonder what was going on in the area? I really like that little quartz-like point near the base of your pinky finger.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

You should do some digging around that pond and send more pics. I’d bet there’s plenty under there!!! Thanks for sharing

Comment

• Cskelton
              Cskelton commented
              Editing a comment
              Have been. The pond is in my yard. Been digging for a couple years. Check out my past posts.

Hey Chad, Nice Finds. I know that other members have mentioned it but: Man those are some beautiful and varied lithics. Thanks for the artifact show.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Good Find's!
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

That's a great spread there. Is the pond man made? I ask because I wonder if they are impact fractures. Maybe the pond was an ancient slough at one time...
                The chase is better than the catch...
                I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Cskelton
                  Cskelton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I made it.

WoW real nice.....like candy for grown ups. Makes me wanna go out and have a deco.
                If You Know Your History You Can Predict The Future

Comment

What a mix, always enjoy seeing the diversity that comes from your area.
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Wow, Chad, that's a potpourri of rocks there! Is the pond manmade or natural. Spring-fed?
                    Child of the tides

Comment

• Cskelton
                      Cskelton commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The pond was made by me. It's about 60 yards from my house. It was originally one of the many spring heads that bubble up. I decided to dig it out a few years ago.. really sad part is I didn't go through any of the dirt from the original dig. Just hauled it it off...

Originally posted by LucasBMylks View Post
                    WoW real nice.....like candy for grown ups. Makes me wanna go out and have a deco.
                    What' a deco?
                    Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

LOL sorry i am from England but `dekko, decko or dekho` is slang for `have a look` its orign is from hindi and the armed forces brought it back with them from India. My Grandfather served over there in the 2nd world war (But it goes back to 19th century) and its something my Dad always says. I think its English connotation stems from `cockneys` using it ( thats people from the East End of London). I knew after i posted it i should`ve said something else......its just today i`ve been itching to go and `have a hunt` but with the fields un-turned and all the leaves etc.etc and when i look on this most excellent site it makes my feet itch..........something HavenHunter said and i quote ` even the gravel on the drive starts to look promising`
                      If You Know Your History You Can Predict The Future

Comment

Think I would be turning that pond over some more lol .... wish I had that pond
                        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                        NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                        X