No announcement yet.

2017 recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the way to fill up frames fast! Congrats and may December give up a dandy

Comment

Awesome year you had, some very nice pieces. You had a talented knapper in your neck of the woods! I want to comment on the background color of your case, it really shows off both dark and light artifacts. Looks great!

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
        lukecreekwalker commented
        Editing a comment
        Got the background felt at a store where they sell sewing supplies for less than $4 I think. Usually cases come with the greens or reds or dark blue but that one stood out. Thanks for the compliment

Some really nice points would be hard to pick a favorite point.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Really nice Buddie , I just saw this it’s been a rough Dec for me and missed some nice post .
        quetion so I can learn here .. what is that black litic from WV I have to tell you , ever since you posted that woodpecker feather I have been looking for one . I really like those in the case .

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
          lukecreekwalker commented
          Editing a comment
          The Black lithic is kanawha Black chert. Named after the Kanawha river in WV. It’s all over the banks here. I do know the ancients used it quite often but if they could they would use river cobbles or imported flint from Kentucky or Ohio. Kanawha chert runs from grainy to somewhat nice but the stuff is extremely hard to knap and will break modern knapping tools from what I hear. I’d say 70% of my collection is made from this stuff but strangely this year I found more carter ky than anything else. Like I said it wasn’t preferred but them old boys made do with what they had

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
        Not fair! Lol!!! You've found more in one year then I've managed to find in five. Okay, so tell me about the feathers, because clearly Im doing something wrong! 😉
        And a feather hunting we shall go 💪

Comment

Working...
        X