No announcement yet.

Fall/Winter Recent Finds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow dude! That’s a wicked cool pendant/gorget piece! Anything drilled is always an awesome find! You got some great stuff this season, good thing it ain’t over yet! That Levanna with the needle tip is a rare find, can’t say I have one like it. I’m sitting here thinking of why they would have reknapped that kinda tip onto it, for what particular purpose or job did it require that fine of a point? Maybe for drilling a small “starter” spot on something? Like so a bigger sized drill had a place to rest into for a better grip before working? Or is there usage wear on the edges of the tip like used as a graver? Hoss’s looks pretty sharp though, so maybe it’s a specialized tip for a certain type of game or situation? It makes me wonder...
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• -=METACOM=-
      -=METACOM=- commented
      Editing a comment
      Always fun to think about what the reason might have been. I actually didn't think to look for use wear, when I get a chance I'll check it out.

That slate piece is a beaut... at first glance I thought it was busted ceramic gorgette, which would also be heartbreaking, but nowhere near equal. 😳

that’s a modest collection, much less a single season’s finds. Great eye you have there.😜
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I really like the first point! The one that resembles an Atlantic I believe.. a cool little point!! What's the material? A chert?
      Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

• -=METACOM=-
        -=METACOM=- commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, but I'm not sure which chert. I'm calling it an Atlantic as well.
    Working...
    X