Found my best tool so far!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my best tool so far!!

Found some great stuff and still can't get over the flaking on this sweet tool (hoe/ spade?). The bottom is smooth in areas from use. Can't really find pictures or a website that shows one close to mine. My internet keeps freezing up so any help with that is appreciated. Found some brokes that wish were all there and a couple of nice points. It was a great day! The hoe is not in its exact spot, it was in the water and saw something questionable and picked up then took a picture.Click image for larger version  Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	275263Click image for larger version  Name:	FullSizeRender-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	152.8 KB ID:	275266Click image for larger version  Name:	FullSizeRender-4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.7 KB ID:	275265Click image for larger version  Name:	FullSizeRender-3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.9 KB ID:	275264
    Last edited by MidTennHunter; 12-06-2017, 03:23 PM.

Man!!!!!
    That is an exceptional tool and point. I like tools as much as points sometimes. That’d be a center piece in one of my cases.
    Congrats to you

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you, now I just need a case....

Like your insitu photos. Like seeing through your eyes. Congrats!
    Child of the tides

Comment

Now that is one heck of a find !!!! And yea that a hoe of sorts , and a nice one !!! Looks like u had a heck of a hunt
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

• searchinghawk
        searchinghawk commented
        Editing a comment
        really cool find,love it

Wooooow, those are both ridiculous! What part of the country are you in???

Comment

• MidTennHunter
        MidTennHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, usually put in my posts. Middle TN, I live in Williamson county so usually there or surrounding county.

• -=METACOM=-
        -=METACOM=- commented
        Editing a comment
        Gee, maybe I should have looked at your name lol

WOW - MTH - those are awesome. The last thing I would have been thinking about was taking an insitu. Thanks for having the presence of mind to take an insitu. That hoe is unbelievable....
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Wow that hoe is incredible congratulations!
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Thanks everybody!! I tried to upload a few more but my internet messed up. Hopefully it works now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1567.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	275312Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1571.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	275307Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1570.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	275308Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1572.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	275310Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1575.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	275309Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1574.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	275311

Comment

I can’t believe nobody said Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas....man those are all awesome finds. Congrats
            Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Beautifull finds, love the hoe! That point in situ is stunning! Looks like a nice Bakers Creek to me. I'd love to see the flat side of that chert cobble and were the flakes were struck off. Thanks for sharing those!
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Like Josh said nice Bakers Creek! I would love to go back in time and see how they hatted that how and put it to use. I'm going to be in Franklin all weekend, might try to walk some bars on the Harpeth

Comment

• MidTennHunter
                  MidTennHunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Since we got a little over an inch of rain, the main river is up pretty good, about 2 ft. Probably not too many sand bars. You may want to see if you can find some places that feed the main river. There is basically four main ones that go into it.

Nice finds!!!

Its hard to tell if the tool was hafted or a hand tool? Very cool peice no matter what.

Von

Comment

I believe it was halfted .. IMO
                  As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                  NW Arkansas

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5177.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	275332Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5178.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	275329Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5179.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	275331Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5176.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	275330
                    Originally posted by Kyflintguy View Post
                    Beautifull finds, love the hoe! That point in situ is stunning! Looks like a nice Bakers Creek to me. I'd love to see the flat side of that chert cobble and were the flakes were struck off. Thanks for sharing those!
                    Thanks for identifying my point, I was getting confused looking at my book! I know it's easy for you all but for this beginner it is very hard. Here are some shots.

Comment

• Kyflintguy
                      Kyflintguy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's a cool Artifact! I guess one would call it a core. Amazing how they knocked the top off to get a nice flat surface so they could peel the cortex off like an apple and strike nice big flakes for tools. Thanks for the extra photos!
                      Last edited by Kyflintguy; 12-06-2017, 08:42 PM.

• MidTennHunter
                      MidTennHunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for explaining and being patient with the new guy. I thought it was pecking on the rounded part so just assumed hammerstone but like you said, "chert". Hammerstones are made of a hard stone.

Originally posted by Von View Post
                    Nice finds!!!

Its hard to tell if the tool was hafted or a hand tool? Very cool peice no matter what.

Von
                    I think G10 is right, hafted. The small end is sharp in the hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X