More yard finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More yard finds

A few more of the better yard finds from this fall. All came out of the pond edge. The yellow one I believe is a duncan and very fine. The white ones pelican lake. I am not sure about the obsidian point. It doesn't fit the common styles found here. Middle of montana.
    Judith Basin, Montana

Those are beutiful points . Outstanding lithics you are so lucky to find those in your yard.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Dang, Gem's!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

That obsidian is gorgeous and the translucence really makes it pop. With the variety of lithic and point types, do you think there was some type of camp or settlement in that immediate area? I've watched as you posted the finds from that pond area and it seems to be a prolific source.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Cskelton
          Cskelton commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe it was a seasonal camp/kill site for about 10,000 years. The animals took advantage of the springs, people took advantage of the animals and water.

I would have that whole place dug up lol sure glad I don’t have that in my yard !!! Awesome awesome points
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

All beauties!
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hey Chad, Those are outstanding points. That translucent corner notch is special beautiful.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Need I say more Chad? Click image for larger version

Name:	drooling-smiley.png
Views:	62
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	275828
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey man I have been wanting a lil spot out west to call my own, looking for a neighbor? Lol. Awesome as usual, always looking forward to your finds.

Comment

• OBION
                  OBION commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll go in with you!

• Jethro355
                  Jethro355 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And I'll buy the gas....

Always look forward to your post .
                agreed on the kill site . Just thousands of years of generations
                enjoying the bounty in your yard . .

Comment

Hi Chad. Some more real dandy points for sure. Have you tried to ID these as to type? If so, I'm curious as to what you call them. They are all super but I am particularly interested in the stemless/side notched one.

Comment

Very nice group. I might call that obsidian point also a Pelican lake. There are quite a few variants of that type. I find several variants here.
                    South Dakota

Comment

Great artifacts. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorjoe View Post
                        Hi Chad. Some more real dandy points for sure. Have you tried to ID these as to type? If so, I'm curious as to what you call them. They are all super but I am particularly interested in the stemless/side notched one.
                        Joe,
                        I am calling it a duncan point. Are you seeing something else?
                        Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• sailorjoe
                          sailorjoe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hi Chad. I wasn't calling it anything. Because of my ignorance concerning point type ID in your area, I was just wondering and was feeling too lazy to do any research on my own. LOL I fixate on stemless points because, of the great difficulty sometimes I have of trying to ID points with that general shape. Most other folks have that difficulty, also. If a point has a stem then half the battle is over in making an ID. But without a stem, very often, the battle can be hard to win and sometimes we lose or at best end in a stalemate. BTW, thanks for taking the time to reply. Think I'll do some reading about Duncan points. Ain't feeling so lazy today.

Those are awesome points! Gems for sure. I think i would have a bulldozer out there to make that pond a little bigger!😜

Comment

Working...
                        X