A couple of Illinois uglies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of Illinois uglies...

I found these about 2 weeks ago. Typical plow land finds. I was finally able to get back to my hotspot. The pipeline project is complete. The crops are out and the land has been dragged real nice. I contacted the farmer and he was more than happy to hear from me...much to my relief. I was out for about 2hrs only but managed these. I didn't look them up but most of what I find there is Woodland era...
    Attached Files
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

I'd take that for two hours walking. At least you're out and about finding stuff. I'm beginning to believe I'm gonna have to rake the leaves off my hunting area before I can find anything. Getting a bit frustrated here.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chuck. Normally every find for me is about 4-6 hrs of hoofing so both of those in 2 hrs was a good day...

Sweetie, two Illinois uglies sure beat zero in Virginia. I've hunted the beach three times in two weeks & all I found was that Aqua sea glass. Going to hit one of the Outer Banks (NC) beaches tomorrow.
    Child of the tides

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven. Having been born and raised in the flatlands of Illinois I could wander that coast for hours...

I'll take a couple of uglies in hand any day. Not to shabby. So you think they may have turned up much from the pipeline? Have you had a chance to check other areas? We had a new one go through here three years ago, walked a few stretches with no luck but there were some areas I couldn't get into but betting there were artifacts.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Greg. I did not go by the pipeline area. I went to a long ridge that has revealed many points and flakes etc...I thought you could relate to the "uglies" post as that is about what I find here in plow land...nonetheless artifacts..

Nice, some reason the tip look's like It is Tablerock I don't know though.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Good work.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Buddie ... your uglys are some of my good finds .
        nice to meeeeee

Comment

Still two nice saves man. I wish you the best on the next hunt
          Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Nice finds
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
            X