Central Florida Paleo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Florida Paleo

Dug up beside Lake Deaton in Sumter County, Florida. Private property.
    Attached Files

OH MY...
    Child of the tides

Comment

Nice point, awesome find! Could you get some closer pics of each face, the basal area, and a side view to show thickness? Looks alot like a Santa Fe to me, I'd like to see what some of the senior members think.
      When you say "dug up", what was the nature of the digging, was this a test pit dig or an excavation? Also, how far below the surface was this piece buried?

Comment

Ya know Rybo - that is a really nice looking artifact but it could be anywhere from 2" to 8" long. There's no way to tell from that picture. Hold it in your hand, put a quarter in the pic with the artifact, use a ruler alongside - do something so we can tell it's relative size.......
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Busy day today guys, will post more later.
          Attached Files

Comment

It is a dandy point for sure and it looks to be about five inches long. Great find, congratulations! When you said Paleo, what type would you call it and why? I ask this because from what I think I am seeing I see certain Paleo attributes but see some non paleo attributes as well.

Comment

This is going to get good !!!
              Wow modern day Fl ... yes I want to hear the dig story as well .

Comment

Joe what would be the non - Paleo attributes you are seeing .
                is it the flaking at the base ?

Comment

• sailorjoe
                  sailorjoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Tam. I will wait for his reply to my question before I reply to yours. Then we can see how it goes after that.

Nice find!!!

Von

Comment

Working...
                X