Great find yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great find yesterday...

Found this killer knife walking the beach yesterday..I have an in situ pic but the file is too big I guess..

Nice one TSUMS. Pretty good shape for a surf tumbler. It looks to have been reworked a few times also...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

It was probably buried in the peat bank I found it on..still sharp enough to cut with..

Comment

Congratulations for a real dandy find. A nice blade for sure. Very symmetrical and well made.

Comment

Tsums - Agree with Frank. That blade has awesome detail for a beach find. Nice.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hey Terry, I just love a big knife. That is a beautiful knife man. Congrats on a great find.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Great find Terry. You'll have to bring it to the ASAA meeting.

Comment

Here is one very similar made of same material found in same area by a friend..

Comment

• Jethro355
                  Jethro355 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hope you whipped yours out and showed your friend who’s is bigger....

Not like that.😇

Great find Terry! Would you call that a Boats Blade? Don't forget the Marysville Show coming up. Are ya coming down? Bring some nice stuff along. You know where to find me!
                http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Nothing like an ancient point buried & preserved in a maritime peat bank. That peak is some of the worst muck around, but it sure can hide some treasures waiting for the next storm tide. Very nice find!
                  Child of the tides

Comment

• BabaORiley
                    BabaORiley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Deb. I remember an article some years back where an entire human body was found in a peat bog. I think it was in Great Britain maybe. The body was preserved very well. Is it the absence of bacteria that keeps so well in the peat?

TSUMS - If you have 'Paint' installed on your computer, you can right click on the in situ pic file and scroll down to 'open with', then select 'Paint'. In Paint, click on 'resize' and try reducing it to 75% and then save it. If it's still too big then try 75% again. that'll make it 50% of original size.
                  There may be an easier way to reduce it but that is the best advice I can give you. It would be cool to see the in situ.
                  Winters in Arizona, summers in Michigan's UP. What could be better?

Comment

Nice find! Where did it come from? 😀

Comment

Nice find
                      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Its from barnstable massachusetts..

Comment

I am loving these tumbled beach finds . I never see these and any loss of detail is much better then a plow break let’s face it .

Comment

Working...
                          X