NC morrow mountain find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC morrow mountain find

I wanted to share this pretty little morrow mountain. It’s made of banded rhyolite and found in eastern N.C. I took a walk in the creek after a night of wind and rain and got lucky. I found a nice quartz grinding stone/metate and a few interesting things I will post up tomorrow after I get pics in the daylight. Cheers!

Aesthetically awesome piece!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• searchinghawk
      searchinghawk commented
      Editing a comment
      so sweet,,wow,,love as is pict

It's pokey looking!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice grade of rhyolite, nice point, it being flow banded makes it even nicer.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That is a beauty love the pictures thans for letting us share the discovery
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That’s a nice one!

Looking forward to to seeing the other finds!

Von

Comment

Hey Will, It's good to see you posting and that is one beautiful NC MM.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I’d say it’s 10,000 miracles you saw that in the first place....wow! It’s a beauty, and georgeous lithic!
              Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Yes, a super point for sure! And the insitu pics are really great. Makes me feel as if I was there with you.

Comment

Hey Will, since MMs have comprised the bulk of my coastal VA finds, I'm rather fond of the style. Your rhyolite find is particularly attractive. Lic your insitu photos. Yesterday's storm may have provided you another opportunity.
                  Deb
                  Child of the tides

Comment

Beautiful Morrow Mountain congratulations and great eye!
                    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Great artifact find. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That is a real nice one there. It looks like there is a lot of colorful lithic in that creek also. You Carolina hunters are not lacking for finds...that's for sure...
                        The chase is better than the catch...
                        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I personally would have missed that unless I were on my knees.
                          Bruce
                          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

These are the other things I picked up. I think I misspoke about the quartz being a metate, it seems the business ends are the sides, so I guess it’s a hammerstone. I have never picked up anything like the dark gray piece, it appears pecked all over. Any ideas or comments are always appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                            X