Backyard finds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backyard finds!

All found on the back of our family ranch!

Dang.You've got yourself a sweet piece of property.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

First one screams Calf Creek (andice or bell) other's nice also. Are You in Arkansas?
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• kal85
        kal85 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am located in southeast Oklahoma, only a couple ours west of Arkansas. Thanks for the comments as I need some education on typology

Is that a pinetree I see? I agree on the calf creek Josh. Many were repurposed when the barbs broke off. That 2nd one looks like it had some heat treatment at some point. Nice finds man...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• kal85
        kal85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, and would you mind explaining why you think it had heat treatment. I know What you mean but could use the pointers on how to distinguish that. Thanks again

I just threw pinetree out there because of the similar shape. The second piece looks like it was maybe made of some type of chert. There are many types and they were commonly used in the making of points, tools etc. When some types are heated they get a sort of pinkish, orange, auburn color to them. It looks like that one has that tint to it.
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Wow. No reason to leave home. Awesome finds. Looking forward to seeing what else you come across.

Comment

Working...
        X