Tornadoes do sound like Freight Trains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornadoes do sound like Freight Trains

Big storm blew through last week and I was on the porch watching it approach. I heard a huge wind but the trees were not moving. I headed inside when I saw the wall off rain coming my way. Entire house was shaking as I watched metal and shingles fly by the windows. Wind shifted to all directions of the compass and took down a bunch of trees on my property including my wife's prize pears. On the plus side, I now have plenty of campfire wood and an intimate knowledge of chainsaw use. Finally got most of it squared away and wondered out to the fields. Found a couple nice ones,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2721 (640x428).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	295675 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2722 (640x427).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	295676
    some brokes,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2723 (640x427).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	295677
    and a true heartbreaker of a slate piece. It is drilled from both sides and once upon a time was sweet. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2730 (640x427).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	295678 The roof and siding will need repairs but it's just stuff. I'm glad the wife wasn't home at the time and I probably should grow some fear and crawl in a safe place next time. Too busy watching the show nature was putting on.
    fldwlkr
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

August 28, 1990. A tornado ripped through my hometown. It was recorded as an F5...just about as viscous as can be...I'm glad to hear that all is ok with you and your wife are ok fldwkr as many from that storm in 90 were not. I too have an interest in those storms. There is just something that draws the interest in Mother Natures fury...nice finds too man but most importantly...your home is still there...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Glad Your O.K..! Nice Point's/Find's!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

We will be dodging tornadoes tomorrow. 😮

they will also be getting some craptastic storms in Iowa, so any of you up there, keep your head down...
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Glad you are Ok nice picture of the way that was drilled. biconical drilling .
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Glad to hear your house made it .
            At least something good came out of it with the points .
            2 years ago when we were looking at that property in Georgia we were on ATV’s 100 year old trees down . I was counting the rings . Just big paths where they dropped down and took everything down .

Comment

Everyone prays for the end of winter but many of us in the South & Mid West tend to forget those spring tornado outbreaks. Then, as summer heat has us all longing for fall, here comes the tropical systems. Glad y'all are ok.
              Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
              X