Damn snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn snow

We have been having quite the winter. Got eight new inches yesterday... But, we did have a couple of chinook days last week. Liam, my son and i walked last years dig dirt to see if we missed anything. He found a large side scraper with a beautiful edge and an obsidian scraper. I found a really nice scraper and a flake blade.
    Judith Basin, Montana

Nice Stuff & Good Hunting!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Wow mountain man...how did that big ol scraper get away? Well not really I guess it has been recovered. That scraper in the second to last pic is really sharp. Was it hafted at one time? Cool finds with the boy dude...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Hi Chad. Some real great uniface tools you are showing us. Glad you were able to re-examine last years digs. More examples of how very old your site is.

Comment

Hey Chad, WOW There is a special place in my heart for scrapers. That side scraper is awesome. That red end scraper is beautiful and perfectly knapped. Those are some great finds Buddy. The obsidian is interesting: You don't find much obsidian do you?
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

You literally have your own private archeological dig site in your yard .
            love your post and finds .

Comment

Have you guys made an ice rink yet . My aunt filled up
              a very large ditch that was thin . Filled it up with water so we could all skate ..mich winter . just make it part of that theme park you have going there . It’s already like your own retreat .

Comment

• Cskelton
                Cskelton commented
                Editing a comment
                No skating.. some ice fishing though..

You need to start screening Man that side scraper is awesome congrats to Liam
              Last edited by Hoss; 04-14-2018, 08:05 PM.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Cskelton
                Cskelton commented
                Editing a comment
                Ill tell him.

Originally posted by Ron Kelley View Post
              Hey Chad, WOW There is a special place in my heart for scrapers. That side scraper is awesome. That red end scraper is beautiful and perfectly knapped. Those are some great finds Buddy. The obsidian is interesting: You don't find much obsidian do you?
              Thank you Ron. We find a lot of obsidian flakes. Most of the points we find are broken. I think the closest source of obsidian is yellowstone, quite a haul to here..
              Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

Originally posted by BabaORiley View Post
                Wow mountain man...how did that big ol scraper get away? Well not really I guess it has been recovered. That scraper in the second to last pic is really sharp. Was it hafted at one time? Cool finds with the boy dude...
                Thank you. We have a little competion when we look. A chip is a point, scrapers are five, brokes five, and complete points are ten. He smoked me in the point count...
                I pretty sure that it was hafted. Ive seen hafted examples in the 14th edition of overstreet, i think in the Alaska section.
                Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

Hey Chad, nice scraper, but you can keep that cold white stuff up north with y'all. Spring has finally sprung here in the Old Dominion & I'd like to keep it that way! Lol!
                  Child of the tides

Comment

Very nice artifact finds. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                    X