fridays hunt and finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fridays hunt and finds

went to one of my local spots to see what the last flood waters turned up. the adena is 4 1/8 and the big sandy is 2 in long and a inch wide. the black stone is another (what the heck is that rock). my go to rock guy thinks its a gizzard stone that has been polished to a t by the creek. it stood out like a dent in a new car. we dont have pebbles like that around here. this creek turns up lots of bones and teeth from giant turtles and mosasaurus . a couple pictures of the creek looking both ways, a paintball pistol or water gun.

Comment

Nice finds Toccopola! I'm liking that big blade and side notch. You've got a nice creek there that looks fun to hunt. I got no clue on the smooth stone but ill be watching that post to see what our members come up with.

Ps. Edited: I figured out how to merge your post into one with some help. Fixed now ill stop tinkering with it lol. Thanks for your patience!
      Last edited by Kyflintguy; 04-15-2018, 10:15 PM.
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Great hunt!

Comment

Nice blade, it's hard to tell wet but it looks like Dover chert. Sweet

Comment

its that or fortpayne

Comment

Those points are fantastic my friend.
              The reply from a familiar name really stood out in this post when I looked up "gizzard stones".http://www.thefossilforum.com/index....osaur-gizzard/
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
              X