• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plow Time

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3752.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	296396 Well I got out a few days ago and found a few things I wanted to show. Not many points were found but some decent tools. The big picture is my favorite I'm not sure what to call it Scraper/flake knife. The broken drill is a good find for me and made of an unusual chert for my area. The big quartzite artifact is a huge base hard to tell from pictures but would have been a monster. Lots of broken points but no whole ones this time. Hope everyone is doing well and getting out. I did include a not so good picture of a bottle I found nothing special but it had a fern growing which I thought was interesting. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3751.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	296395
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Forgot to mention these are Western North Carolina finds

Comment

Interesting finds Marshall! That flake tool is a neat piece and the fern in the bottle is just funny... Thanks for sharing!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Josh wish I had some better eye candy for you but I do love finding tools!

I’m a big fan of that little flake tool-scraper-thingy. It’s a great little piece.
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Glad that you can get out and find some neat things. I've hit a drought here on my beach again; even the sea glass has disappeared. ☹️
        Child of the tides

Comment

• Sugaree
          Sugaree commented
          Editing a comment
          That's got to be frustrating considering how many storms you have had this year. I hope your luck changes and your pockets grow full, and the biting flys are minimal.

Great artifact finds Marshal. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

You picked up some nice pieces. Always good to have a field to walk. None around here anymore.

Comment

• Sugaree
            Sugaree commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Coach it is getting harder to find a field here as well due to no till, farms disappearing, and getting permission to hunt. I have to travel a good ways to find good ground.

Now those are some sweet finds . Love that little scrapper .
          ok you clearly didn’t grow up in the 60’s to know that fern in a bottle was sold in stores as a terrarium. Lol..Yep that is a perfect example of Mother Nature .

Comment

• Sugaree
            Sugaree commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Tam!
        Working...
        X