Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out West

Great Basin
    Quick trip out to the high desert more of a shake down cruise than a hunt. My R.V. has been sitting with old gas in the tank so it missed and coughed most of the way out. My son Seth and me were a little disappointed at our first stop at a dry lake bed we hunted in the past was posted with no tresp***ing signs and new fences. So off to another Dry lake and started hiking it was getting late so back to camp and a good nights rest. The next morning we got an early start before it warmed up and started walking some old lake rings looking for some blows chips and flakes were far apart so we dropped down onto flat lake bottom the sand was starting to take a toll on me. I sat down in the shade of some tumble weed that had piled up between the dunes . After a little water and a trail bar I walked about ten feet and spotted a little Eared Elko and a couple minutes latter my son found a Rose Spring arrow point so a new area to hunt next trip out. I posted this on another forum but thought you arrowhead junkies would enjoy.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by south fork; 05-11-2018, 09:32 AM.

Some nice Dennis, thanks for sharing your adventure.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Always enjoy, nice Point's and good luck Hunting again soon.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nothing better than an RV adventure & a successful hunt.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Hey D, is that a square scraper or a broken point? It’s beautiful, whatever it is...the points are awesome too, and I love the insitu.👍👍👍
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post
            Hey D, is that a square scraper or a broken point? It’s beautiful, whatever it is...the points are awesome too, and I love the insitu.👍👍👍
            Thanks its a broken Humboldt mid to late Archaic 7000-5000 B.P.

Comment

• Jethro355
              Jethro355 commented
              Editing a comment
              WOW...I can’t type that any bigger!!

Is it ever nice to see that 1897 IHP again.
            Thanks for sharing your adventure.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Very nice , love that obsidian in the West .

Comment

Thanks for sharing these finds with us Dennis We always look forward to seeing the High Desrt stuff and your colletion of Gunthers from your California hunts is awesome.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                X