1st campsite/ scrapers, piles of scrapers 😁

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st campsite/ scrapers, piles of scrapers 😁

Don't ask me why but I've got a thing for scrapers. I'll spare you all but my favorites. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180510_221224.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	299755

Same here. I find them quite fascinating. You've got some neat ones there.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• Owlshead
      Owlshead commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. The tiny ones amaze me. What possible use could someone have for a scraper the size of my pinkie nail.😂

Resource conservation, small game, or maybe it was a kid joining in on the work.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• Owlshead
      Owlshead commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh, ok. Yep, i agree with that.

Some dandy scrapers you got there. Uniface scrapers are frequently associated with real early sites. Many of the triangular shaped scrapers are often pretty small and are often called thumb scrapers (not for scraping thumbs lol). Need something tossed in to give us a better idea as to size.

Comment

Thank you. The largest would just hide a quarter. Lol. Didn't realize i didn't add a scale. Spent a long day in the mountains with a machette and a roll of posted signs. Exhausted.

Comment

I love a good scraper too. I have some tiny ones too. Smaller than you would ever think you needed
        South Dakota

Comment

So people are only looking for points . They may not know what tools even are . Lots left behind by those folks .

Comment

Now you gone and done it!! LOL Thanks for showin' I love scrapers and tools more than points.
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

• Owlshead
              Owlshead commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol. I found a bunch at another site. Ill post them soon. Didn't figure they'd be of much interest. Glad i posted them now.
          Working...
          X