Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rain came down and the artifacts came out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rain came down and the artifacts came out.

The past two weeks have been a little slow for me. Farmers have been turning and planting, but with little rain the artifacts have remained buried and hard to find. Well, it finally rained enough to wash down the rows a bit. This afternoon I took the kids in the field, before another round of rain, and we did pretty good. My little one(turns four tomorrow), He's got a good eye, found a nice chipped adze. I found the two points and the other two scrapers. It was a pretty decent hunt. Here's the pics.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Couple cleanup pics with ruler for scale.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Real good Find's!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Josh. I like that oval uniface alot. I believe that stemmed corner notch is a Hopewell, and the one next to it looks like a Harrison but I could be wrong on both accounts. What do you see?

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopewell is also a good call.

I like that scraper.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too! It may be my favorite of the bunch but it's hard to beat that point. Thanks for the like, and for looking

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        A beautifully worked tool like that scraper can easily outdo a serviceable point in my opinion.

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Very true.

Hey Broken Arrow, That big round scraper is awesome. The point is a real beauty. It would be tough to say which I like better. All are nice finds. Congrats on a successful hunt with the kids.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Ron. Tough decision right.. I'm glad I got out today because these fields are going to be pretty swampy for a day or two, after all the rain we got this evening. Most these pieces probably would have been re-buried again had I not found them when I did.

Nice finds! You got some good stuff there. I went out yesterday but only found broken pieces, that’s the only bad part about a plowed field.

Comment

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Yeah, it's a bit of a trade off but I have awesome luck in the fields around here. I bet you'll have better luck after all this rain passes through.

Wow BA that was a great day ! I love those points but the work on that bottom scraper iiiiiii dooo noooooo
      They really put some effort into that .
      4 years old and following in Dads foot steps ... awesome

Comment

Congrats....looks like a great location!

Comment

Pretty good field you have. Nice artifacts
          South Dakota

Comment

Working...
          X