My First Creek Find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Creek Find!

Emboldened and inspired by the posts on this forum, I decided to try my hand at creek hunting. I'm still a novice and really have no clue as to where to look in the creek or where to sift, but here is what I found:

Nice one Tex. I dont know what size it is but I'll go with a preform or a scraper...leaning toward scraper. Nice creekie...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Originally posted by BabaORiley View Post
      Nice one Tex. I dont know what size it is but I'll go with a preform or a scraper...leaning toward scraper. Nice creekie...
      Thanks! It's not very big - it's only about 1.5 inches long and 1 inch wide. I probably found it 30 minutes into the hunt - it was just laying in the creek.

I'm itching to go back to that creek so bad!

Comment

Nice! Just getting into this point hunting and found one in a plowed field. We have a creek running through our property and been dying to get out there and look. Did you find this in a gravel bar or what?

Comment

Bingo .... field ... stream , and you found that nice scrapper in the creek . Looks for flint chips and if by chance you find some pottery you may very well be on a camp site . Looks like your off to a good start .

Comment

Congrats, I would say for now just check where You can when You can. Our Area's are obviously different but when I first started Hunting People would say Gravelbar's or Creek Bank's are good to look at. It take's a while to get The hang of It. If You are in too much of a hurry You may not see much.
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Great job! I am going on my first arrowhead hunt next week. I will also be creek-walking.
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
              X