Survey! Whats your favorite point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey! Whats your favorite point?

Whats your favorite point/artifact? Give us an example of a favorite in your personal collection, and one example of a point you would love to find. Pictures welcomed!
    My favorite point: My Hopewell point I found on 7/10/18.
    One that I would love to find: Lost Lake point.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kentucky point; 07-11-2018, 09:05 AM.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Glad to have you aboard KP! Here's an older thread Chase had started a while back that you may not have seen.

I have found many artifacts, as most all on here do. But there are those special finds that you remember . I have a few that stand out that I look at the artifact

I hope I did that right!🙃
    Some awesome stuff, but I'll bet more "best/faves" have been found.
    And since you mentioned LL, I figured I would give you a little inspiration! I had to find many brokes before this one came along.
    This one would be my avatar if not for the Knight Island. Good luck/fortune in your future hunts. Welcome to a very addicting hobby!
    northeast MS

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20160419_223634_1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	304827

Can't go wrong with those Lost Lakes... They are one of my favorites along with Kirk Corner notches and those fishtailed Paleo Lance's...
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Dang those are awesome points guys! Thanks for the well wishes Bill!

Comment

Great Topic! My Favorite is Clovis (I have My reason's) and another type I'd like to find is a Cahokia.
          A personal find out of Clovis Field, that was in My Personal CollectionClick image for larger version  Name:	101_0050.JPG Views:	1 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	304972
          A modern Point that I put in Dad's Coffin.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	GEDC2644.JPG Views:	1 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	304973
          I have some more broken Clovis Pieces and a nice Sequoyah though! I just thought these pic's would be good. Can't take Everything with You.
          Last edited by JoshinMO; 06-24-2018, 06:51 AM.
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            Your Dad is loving it Josh .

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            WHOA! That. Is. Awesome. Wow.

This is a nice thread you got started . I would say a Big Sandy with a Leighton base which I do not have . Then out of my collection I think this Elora ? I am a base person and they snapped the bases on some but this one is a fat one , great lithic , and I like the small precise pressure flaking all along the edges and even the tip .

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a cool point! Indians were some of the best craftsman of all time.

This Palmer is my favorite. It is from NC and made of crystal quartz. Well for one that I would like me to find. A crystal Clovis yea why not dream big. I wish you well on your hunt it is wonderful and rewarding hobby but it does take time and persistence to be successful. Good luck and if any doubt put it in your pocket for later examination. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3842.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	305176
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful

I just picked my jaw up off of the floor. The best point I have ever seen. Obviously, the native American who did that had beauty in mind when he made that.

Comment

some kind of trick question I think Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00445 copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	305185 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3134.JPG Views:	1 Size:	100.4 KB ID:	305187 Click image for larger version  Name:	fram.jpg Views:	1 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	305188Try not to look in the background of that above picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43560.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	305186
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              You have a stunning collection! Who wouldn't like them all! BTW, you really know how to assemble a display case!

• SDhunter
              SDhunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Hoss, you’re not playing fair, 😎

• -=METACOM=-
              -=METACOM=- commented
              Editing a comment
              Not possible to pick favorites with a collection like that.

Ha ha Hoss . Pretty darn nice !!!!

Comment

Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Jethro355
                Jethro355 commented
                Editing a comment
                Tam...it’s a Ron Kelly special....I’d call it a G11 Dalton.

• JoshinMO
                JoshinMO commented
                Editing a comment
                That's nice! Ron has made some nice one's.

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                I just figured it out. (I take a long time to figure things out.) good one! Now I know who to keep my eye on...

Yes it is Sugaree. The finest craftsmanship!
              Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I have a lot of favorites but this one ranks up near the top.

Comment

• Kentucky point
                  Kentucky point commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am amazed! That is the coolest clear point I have ever seen! My apologies to Sugaree. Yours is better. How the heck did you find that, its see through!

Wow! Those are all the most beautiful points I have ever seen, I'm using those for inspiration to get out there more. Thanks for sharing folks
                "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." Unknown

Comment

I'm feeling a little out of my league here, but here's one of my top ten:

She may be tiny, but she's beautiful.

And here's what I dream of. I want. I want. I want.

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
                    OnewiththewilD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol ! I understand the craving
                Working...
                X