X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much Havenhunter!
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." Unknown

Comment

Anyone familiar with finding Clovis points in NC? That's my dream find! Never ran across any around here.

Comment

• Havenhunter
        Havenhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        A friend of mine found a Clovis while walking along the shoreline of the James River here in VA. He was so stunned he questioned what he had found & drove up to the Smithsonian to have it verified. It was indeed a Clovis, one of many found in the East. In fact if you study a map of reported Clovis finds, there have been far more found in the East than in the West. Good luck!

Wecone from east Tn and thanks for sharing your collection!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Thanks Kyflintguy, it's good to hear from you all.

Comment

Welcome!!!

There several of us here in the Triad area. The oldest points I have found are Kirk’s, Stanley’s and Big Sandy’s. I’m sure there are some Clovis Points still in the ground around here.

Von

Comment

Thanks for the info Von, I heard about someone that found a Clovis down around Lake Lukas, Randolph county.

Comment

From my research of the local area there was an Indian tribe at Caraway mt., Randolph co.The Keyauwee indians.

Comment

Comment

Here is better pic of piece on far left.

Comment

This piece is pretty cool with the colors.

Comment

• Kyflintguy
                      Kyflintguy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey Freedom, if your interested in getting info or identification of your finds it would probably serve you best to start new threads for those particular items your curious about. You can simply post finds in "my site finds and insitus" if you wish to show them off. If you have questions about a particular item you can post those in "artifacts questions and answers" and for identification you can post items in "what did I find?". Try to not overload a thread with too many finds, about 2 or 3 like items is plenty for one thread, helps you be able to find your post later on also. Thanks!

Thanks kyflintguy for the heads up, I will remember about the different threads. I am still figuring this site out it's a pretty large adfire tons if categories and info. Thx

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                      Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

Thank you very much Pointhead!

Comment

Welcome to ah.com glad to have you here
                          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Welcome northern Piedmont NC

Comment

Working...
                            X