Name:	DSCN1997 (1).JPG
Views:	21
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	313474 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1797.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	313475
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

The Hole in the wall is place that you climb into with no cell service you drop two miles down
    but it is a fantastic site

Comment

Sounds like a blast!
      Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Sounds intriguing Chase. Is there a story with this and pics - can't imagine 2 miles deep. By the by - is that a metal point rather than chert?
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I would have loved that . Everything I like including no cell service . We made it some how before .

Comment

Nothing like walking up on sites where it's like they just left yesterday. Always a very cool experience, to be cherished for sure.
            Rhode Island

Comment

Here is the story of the Hole in the wall.
              I found this site about 15 years ago trying to get to a place that I new would be good. So I had to walk a bolder field of a road that descended from a top of a mountain and opened up into a valley. It is roughly two miles down a steep grade. When I first came upon the site I had found an ant hill with some pony beads and my detector gave way to a signal of a tinkler. But I was on a mission and headed further down the valley. were a spring was at... I never made it there that day.because I got chased out by a thunder storm. I was coming back from a sale that I was at and decided to hunt a area in Northwestern Colorado ten years later.. When I went to get a room in a town up there they and all the other hotels were book solid for a construction project. which forced me to drive 70 miles to the next town. I thought about driving back but I was closer to home and this site was on the way.did the stupid thing of trying to drive down that road.which is wide enough for my jeep but not wide enough to turn around. which committed me to go all the way down bouncing and bottoming out on the boulders. But I made it down which left me wondering if I could get back up.Since I was down I went ahead and hunted the site which produced 5 Metal arrowheads two knifes and numerous tinkler. I did not hunt very long figuring I was going to have to walk out to the nearest town which is 12 miles away and only has a hand full of residents. But luck was on my side and I drove out bottoming out going back up the hill. The next day I took my Dad out with me on an ATV to the site. We had a good time hunting and we did not return to the site until this year. Its called to hole in the wall because of the drive it takes to get there is steep narrow and the road is cut out of the side of a mountain . You have the staight up of the mountain side a drop off of 300 feet on the down side befor you get to the valley floor.and no one in there right mind would go a look for you there.

Comment

Working...
              X