• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbreak Ridge

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	325036 I have a field here in Ohio that sits adjacent to the Little Walnut Creek. It is about 100 yards from a known indian village. I have dubbed it heartbreak ridge as everything I always find there is broken in some way or another. The picture was everything I found in one day in about a 200 yard patch on a ridgeline of course.
    Last edited by Helldogg; 10-16-2018, 12:35 PM.

Out of 100 broken artifacts, comes one awesome one. Just a guess. Keep looking!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

There is always tomorrow!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I’d keep looking. Those are some nice “brokes”
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Nice finds! The perfect G10's are waiting for you in the gravel of Little Walnut Creek. The farmer's disc plays havoc on the surface finds over here but the creeks throw me a sweet one every now and then.
          Good Luck out there,
          fldwlkr
          Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

They are still nice. Hope you find your intact one tomorrow
            South Dakota

Comment

G10 points are few and far between when hunting in fields that have been cultivated for years. Those are still very nice finds. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by fldwlkr View Post
                Nice finds! The perfect G10's are waiting for you in the gravel of Little Walnut Creek. The farmer's disc plays havoc on the surface finds over here but the creeks throw me a sweet one every now and then.
                Good Luck out there,
                fldwlkr
                I have had absolutely ZERO luck in creeks around here. I can barely even find flint in the creeks. I fish all the time wading in the local creeks and despite always looking....nothing. I did find one broke in the Walnut Creek but that is it...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                  G10 points are few and far between when hunting in fields that have been cultivated for years. Those are still very nice finds. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
                  That is why I buy my high grade points...

Comment

It should be noted that the Eva point I found also came from Heartbreak Ridge. In a 10 to 25 foot area on this ridge you will find hundreds of flint flakes and the flint is amazing. Both heat treated Coshocton and Flint Ridge. The Flint Ridge is almost glass like. I have found red and even purple flint here. Clearly the Indians sat on this ridge and made points.

Comment

Some Coshocton and Flint Ridge flint from Heartbreak Ridge....

Comment

Working...
                      X