Broken Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Points

I have old coffee cans full of broken points from a lifetime of collecting I'm moving to glass jars . This half gallon jar with water shows the colors of some of the artifacts . I will fill some more and place them in front of a window better than coffee cans .

That is a great idea! Nice colors too!

If I ever get around to finding a broken piece, i'll start doing that.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Good idea, I’m sure them being wet does bring out the colors. All my brokes are being displayed in my cabinet. Hopefully one day all those brokes will be swapped with full points. Then I can do something creative with my broke ones.

Comment

that’s a neat idea....good thinking south fork!
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

I had several pounds of broken points in my old collection. Never felt the inclination to save them except to keep tossing them into a box unless they had good bases with which I could ID as to type and number them with site numbers to help me gain info as to the cultures that lived on that site over the years.

Comment

I like that idea. I might try that with some chips
            east Tx.

Comment

Will need to change the water regularly to avoid build up?

Comment

Cool idea
                SW Connecticut

Comment

I always post this and feel stupid repeating sorry for those sick of this .
                  Target has a lamp that’s a glass base empty for stuff .. shells , chips is my goal ..

Comment

PS mineral oil has a long shelf life . That’s why you see it in our cosmetics , lotions but. As for the liver bad !
                    Tom I think posted that it would bring out the colors and I did try it ... result nice

Comment

Working...
                    X