New guy with photos of my first find.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with photos of my first find.

My cousin and I went fishing and needed some live bait so went to a creek and caught some frogs and crawdads and I found this dalton in the creek. We went fishing and caught some cats and I caught a 25 pound flattie. Got home and threw the point in my junk drawer. Years later I made a friend who was an avid arrowhead hunter and started me hunting. I was pretty nieve on point types but he told me it was a dalton and very old as points go. He ask where and when I found it and really could'nt tell him, then I remembered dad took a picture of the cat so had the wife look through old pictures and found the photo that was taken behind our car and the plates were visable and were Iowa 1951 . And so solved the question. We have hunted that creek many times in the last few years and found nothing . Best point I ever found I think .In any case here are some pics.
    SE IA

Love it when u stumble on them like that and what a big beautiful and big point

Comment

HOLY CRIPES! That's huge! Congratulations! Man, what a stunner!
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

That's amazing .first find? A superb specimen....what you were like 10 yrs old.... The thanks for sharing that pic
        SW Connecticut

Comment

I think it looks like a Holland. Very nice find!

Comment

Beautiful artifact, congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W. View Post
              I think it looks like a Holland. Very nice find!
              Years back I took it up to Warren Holland of the holland cach and compared it to his points and it just wasn't quite like any of his but we could not say for sure it wasn't close. Sooooo?
              SE IA

Comment

Originally posted by oldrocks2 View Post

Years back I took it up to Warren Holland of the holland cach and compared it to his points and it just wasn't quite like any of his but we could not say for sure it wasn't close. Sooooo?
                That is cool. Nothing like going strait to the source!

Great find, my best find was also when I was a kid and it stayed in a junk drawer, went to show and tell, was glued to a board, etc. for several years.
                Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

What a first find and what an intro!
                  I agree with Andy
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Dude, you are my hero. I’ve been searching for about 45 years and have yet to find a single dalton.

Very high on my my bucket list, and by the way....Welcome to AH.com!!
                    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

WOW, that is Click image for larger version

Name:	awesome.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	332485
                      Bruce
                      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

That was the artifact meant to hook you that day Sir ! Back then no one cared or thought twice about giving permission to hunt artifacts anywhere in the country.... !
                        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

That’s a find of a lifetime !! Seriously and in great condition !
                          People found points like that back then . Now it’s rare but still comes up .

Comment

Very nice, and thanks for sharing it. What an awesome first find!
                            South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                            X