Todays finds..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays finds..

Such a nice day here in Mid - Mo. ..cherry picked some dryer ground around an old sasafrass tree..found these and maybe a piece of pottery...ill post it what did i find .......the longer one is cool..kinda narrow...looks like a bit of worn serrated edge...seems like most of my points are like my old 78 chevy pickup...dinged, wore down , reworked , and not flashy
    Attached Files
    People only see what they are prepared to see -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

May not be beauties but both are nice finds, congrats on those.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

You did well today. Thanks for sharing
      South Dakota

Comment

Good Hunting OC.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Some good looking finds to me OC. I really like the smaller one!
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• O.C. Hermit
            O.C. Hermit commented
            Editing a comment
            Ty Sugaree...may be a kings

Way to go OC! It was a pretty nice day down here in SE Missouri too. My luck came earlier in the week when it was bitter cold
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• O.C. Hermit
            O.C. Hermit commented
            Editing a comment
            Ty BA...i saw your stuff...nice. The one looks like a Hardin huh...i see some of thst same quartzite material now and then up this way too ( the smaller one you found )

• Broken Arrow
            Broken Arrow commented
            Editing a comment
            You're welcome. Yeah, it does have a Hardin like look but I'm not sure it's quite that old. I'm pretty sure most of the quartzite I'm finding is from the roubidoux formation. Have you ever found any quartzite points or scrapers up your way?

• O.C. Hermit
            O.C. Hermit commented
            Editing a comment
            When i saw yours i thought the material looks alot like a small point i found earler in the month ..mine has a a bit darker tint but i was curious of the lithic ...but it has the same look about it ...ill repost it in this thread...i

Cool points ...that's a good day congrats
          SW Connecticut

Comment

The white one is an Afton. That mean you're in the right spot.👍 The other is probably an Etley imo

Comment

• O.C. Hermit
              O.C. Hermit commented
              Editing a comment
              At some point i thought it might be an Afton...looking again id say youre right !! Thanks for the input Andy..and i found an etly close a few months back...or some folks on here thought it could be etly...i posted it as a possible dovetail lol...i love this schtuff

2 whole ones in 1 trip is always a good day.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Really find that white corner notch interesting . Looks like it would have had what they call a nipple tip . Only found one and dinged the tip off .

Comment

Working...
              X